Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPEED GT Comp. Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SPEED GT Comp. Adjustment

Grand Touring

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe: Change Appendix A base weight from 3200 lbs. to 3100 lbs.

(Note: During the review of the Sebring data it has become obvious that the loss of the ABS system has negatively affected this car much more than the addition of the 305 front tires has helped it, and therefore this car is at a performance deficit.)
Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
Grand Touring

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe: Change Appendix A base weight from 3200 lbs. to 3100 lbs.

(Note: During the review of the Sebring data it has become obvious that the loss of the ABS system has negatively affected this car much more than the addition of the 305 front tires has helped it, and therefore this car is at a performance deficit.)
but not with a good drive. Sure ABS would help me but not a real pro.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
B-ras
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't the wet track have affected the Sebring race data? I'd think that the tradeoff of ABS for more front tire would work out better in dry conditions. Archer seemed to do OK with it in the first practice session, but slowed down after that.

Hey, at least they didn't add weight or restrictor ot the Vettes.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
Grand Touring

The Note should have read:

(Note: During the review of the Sebring data it has become obvious that the Viper Drivers were so sand bagging this car much more than the addition then in previous years first race that of the 305 front tires has and lack of ABS were used as excuses and therefore this car drivers are at a performance deficit.)

As a result, the flogging will continue until moral improves.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abraswell

Hey, at least they didn't add weight or restrictor ot the Vettes.
But, I am sure that is only bc lou and company broke...I bet if he/they finished, weight or restrictor change would have been a given.

Get notified of new replies

To SPEED GT Comp. Adjustment

Quick Reply: SPEED GT Comp. Adjustment