Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports, can you believe this!?!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:47 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LG Motorsports, can you believe this!?!

Look at this seat install!

Custom brackets, $600 seat and the installation is superior! Custom brackets get me soooo LOWWWWW in the car. I love it, and I can put my old seat back in any time!

Road Racing customization in street car for HPDEs. I fit, I fit. I'm 6'5" and this seat makes cornering and driving so much nicer!

JK
Old 07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, How hard is it to get in and out? Did LG do the custom brakets for you? How much for the brackets? How difficult/time to go back to the stock seat?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 PM
mcintex
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Ok, so now we need to know more. How much was the custom bracket from LG. Which Kirkey seat is this?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:34 AM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6400hp
Nice, How hard is it to get in and out? Did LG do the custom brakets for you? How much for the brackets? How difficult/time to go back to the stock seat?
You'll have to call for pricing, this was a custom bracket. I got a good deal from Lou personally - he was making up for some other issues. However, it was fab'd there and they spent about two days building it (not 16 work hours, just worked on it over two days).

It's fixed and you must be 6'5" to drive my car now! You can see it any time if you email me via the forum we can meet at sonic (on williams) or something.

The seat is bolted to the frame and it's very solid.

JK

Last edited by jkonkle; 07-27-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:42 AM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mcintex
Ok, so now we need to know more. How much was the custom bracket from LG. Which Kirkey seat is this?
It is this Kirkey seat with a black cover. I believe we ordered the 18".

Anthony stayed on them for a month trying to get the seat. During race season they fab a lot of seat's I suppose.

Everyone from Sean and Mike in the shop, to Bobby and Anthony up front - all the way to Lou in the big-gargantuan office (it's mostly filled with r/d parts) - make it as painless a process as possible!!

JK

Last edited by jkonkle; 07-27-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:58 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice setup. Any more photos of the seat back brace?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:21 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, I would like to see more pics of the whole car
Old 07-27-2006, 08:45 AM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

18"s won't fit unless you cut off the wings.
17's are even very tight.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:47 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

jkonkle, I feel your pain man. I'm 6' 3" and using a Cobra Suzuka seat. Gary Hoffman and the folks at Hardbar sent me a really sweet aluminum seat mount that is infinitely adjustable and works on the vettes like a charm. When you start putting cages, seats, belts, etc in these cars, space gets to be a premium - quickly. Such is racing.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Chris,

You should see a Viper with a cage in it; makes the C5 look and feel like a SUV! I am not particularly big (5' 10", 186 lbs), but I struggle getting in and out of my new car. I can't imagine someone bigger than me (no, not a shot at anyone in particular).
Old 07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Bob 33
Racer

Chris,
Is the Cobra lower than the stock seat? In what ways is it adjustable with the Hardbar brackets? I'm also 6'3" (and otherwise dimensionally challenged), and good driving postion (and headroom) is hard to come by in my Z06. Without a telescoping steering column, good arm postion compromises leg postion for H&T, with my knees wedged against the dash. Reclining is a partial solution, but compromises vision. I've seem some Cobras mounted in Phoenix cars, but their drivers had smaller shoulders and a smaller butt than thou, so I couldn't test for best fit. What sold you on the Cobra?

Bob 33
Old 07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wtknght1
jkonkle, I feel your pain man. I'm 6' 3" and using a Cobra Suzuka seat. Gary Hoffman and the folks at Hardbar sent me a really sweet aluminum seat mount that is infinitely adjustable and works on the vettes like a charm. When you start putting cages, seats, belts, etc in these cars, space gets to be a premium - quickly. Such is racing.
Gotcha, I'm as low to the floor as possible with this bracket system. As a 6'5" 250+ manly character - I need the headroom. I've also found my knee's aren't wedged into the car. The only thing I may need to do is modify the steering wheel - but that's a little excessive at this point!

JK
Old 07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Very nice, I would like to see more pics of the whole car
You'll notice here I'm looking through the turn to my exit point.
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=38316

Third row down; far right - this car spun out in front of me on this turn. You'll notice in the next row I'm unwinding the steering wheel - right to left to avoid his car in this turn.

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...489&gal_page=2

You'll notice here the big grin on my face - oh wait I'm wearing a helmet!
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=38350

I may be resting my elbow on the door; sometimes I'm relaxed on the cool-down laps.
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=39105

You'll notice how the suspension is loaded up on the left (your right) side of the car
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=39101

Third row - the guy in the beamer is hard to catch; actually he is about 5 seconds per lap faster than me!
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...170bd4ea961e25

You'll note the close car2car action and the point by from the porsche!!
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=38673

Here is all the point by action in place!!
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...493&gal_page=3

could I be any closer to the edge of the road!
http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...iewImage=38752
Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob 33
Chris,
Is the Cobra lower than the stock seat? In what ways is it adjustable with the Hardbar brackets? I'm also 6'3" (and otherwise dimensionally challenged), and good driving postion (and headroom) is hard to come by in my Z06. Without a telescoping steering column, good arm postion compromises leg postion for H&T, with my knees wedged against the dash. Reclining is a partial solution, but compromises vision. I've seem some Cobras mounted in Phoenix cars, but their drivers had smaller shoulders and a smaller butt than thou, so I couldn't test for best fit. What sold you on the Cobra?

Bob 33
Ditto same questions - let us know.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

With Gary's rails and adjusters, I was easily able to put the seat on the floor. I actually raised it up from there (about .25") just so it wouldn't actually hit the floor and send shock waves up thru the seat! ha ha In short, you can mount the Cobra seat to the rails and the rails to the stock bolts (using his extensions) and put it as high or as low...and at any angle you want until you are comfortable. Hopefully Gary will put some photos on here...or you can just go to the Hardbar site and take a look at his stuff. He is truly a perfectionist and master craftsman. You won't beat the price either.

As I said, they are infinitely adjustable and super strong...and light. Joe at Phoenix has used Gary's stuff for the past few years and obviously Mr. Heinrocket is comfy in his ride!!!!!

As far as the seat itself, I didn't get the Suzuka GT, just the standard model. I'm 6' 3", 195 with a 34" waist...blue eyes, brown hair, Taurus. ha ha It's extremely comfortable and I've done a couple of 2 hour trips in the car and there were no issues at all. It's a really good seat for a good price (yeah, I'm a cheap-skate too). It was simply the best seat for the money.

Dave, I'm still amazed Scotty gets in/out of there as well as he does. The two T1 vipers I drove were definitely tight...but still comfortable to me.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:08 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

With Gary's rails and adjusters, I was easily able to put the seat on the floor. I actually raised it up from there (about .25") just so it wouldn't actually hit the floor and send shock waves up thru the seat!

That is what I do too.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Rolex24
Advanced

With Gary's rails and adjusters, I was easily able to put the seat on the floor. I actually raised it up from there (about .25") just so it wouldn't actually hit the floor and send shock waves up thru the seat! ha ha In short, you can mount the Cobra seat to the rails and the rails to the stock bolts (using his extensions) and put it as high or as low...and at any angle you want until you are comfortable. Hopefully Gary will put some photos on here...or you can just go to the Hardbar site and take a look at his stuff. He is truly a perfectionist and master craftsman. You won't beat the price either.

As I said, they are infinitely adjustable and super strong...and light. Joe at Phoenix has used Gary's stuff for the past few years and obviously Mr. Heinrocket is comfy in his ride!!!!!

As far as the seat itself, I didn't get the Suzuka GT, just the standard model. I'm 6' 3", 195 with a 34" waist...blue eyes, brown hair, Taurus. ha ha It's extremely comfortable and I've done a couple of 2 hour trips in the car and there were no issues at all. It's a really good seat for a good price (yeah, I'm a cheap-skate too). It was simply the best seat for the money.

Dave, I'm still amazed Scotty gets in/out of there as well as he does. The two T1 vipers I drove were definitely tight...but still comfortable to me.
I'm not quite as tall as you but somewhat wider, Leo though HaHa....Do you think the GT would fit? I know some have used it but not sure they used the Hardbar mounts. I really like the Cobra seats as well but I think I'd need the GT.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports, can you believe this!?!

Old 07-27-2006, 04:35 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I was limited by my cage side rail, so I had to go with the standard. Without that, I'm sure the GT would fit. Sube Sports is where I got the seat and Cobra lists it's dimensions. Just look at their measurements (for the seat you want) and compare that to the driver's cockpit and check it just to make sure though.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

I actually got the sparco pro2k seat because it has a little more shoulder room than the suzuka (which I almost got)...but my seat isn't bullet proof.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:30 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by larryfs
18"s won't fit unless you cut off the wings.
17's are even very tight.

That is an 18" seat in Josh's car.

Lg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsports, can you believe this!?!