Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danica to Andretti Green in '07!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:39 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Danica to Andretti Green in '07!

She's staying in Open Wheel!

http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9570913

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/28823/
Old 07-25-2006, 05:54 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 07-25-2006, 06:31 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Now the IRL needs to unify with Champ Car. It's reported that Graham Rahal may be looking for a ride in Champ Car next season instead of GP2 because the team that he was looking to go to is leaving the series. Could you imagine Danica Patrick against Katherine Legge and Marco Andretti against Graham Rahal in the same series?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Hmm, because 4th Place in the Indy 500 is as good as a win. Shes talented, I'll give her that, but she thinks shes the hottest thing to ever hit racing. Check out many of her comments. Katherine Legge will eat her alive and doesnt have the attitude to match.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader
Hmm, because 4th Place in the Indy 500 is as good as a win. Shes talented, I'll give her that, but she thinks shes the hottest thing to ever hit racing. Check out many of her comments. Katherine Legge will eat her alive and doesnt have the attitude to match.

I don't know that much about Legge but why do you think that? Better record coming through the ranks?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:06 PM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

I can't say I'm detecting much ego or attitude from her comments in that article. She says AGR "is going to give me the opportunity to win races". Sounds to me like the standard line when a racer switches teams.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

A bit cliche' but hey she's still the hottest thing going 200mph+! Danica started out doing road courses it would be nice to see her doing more than just a few here and there. Patrick vs. Legge? In my book I would take Danica all day! On and off the track for that matter! But please folks can we get her out of that damn Honda? Give some good ole' fashion american power and then you really got something to write home about!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 AM
micro
Melting Slicks

nice
Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 AM
96LT1
Safety Car

I'm glad everyone is just "eating" this stuff up.

Word is "leaked" that female driver with good looks and "news potential" is possibly "defecting" to NASCAR on the heels of another publicized "defection".

The "news" story is good publicity for driver and good for NASCAR. Is it any surprise that a contract with a different/better team is announced shortly after.

She's got a good manager that knows how to play the angles and "they" are playing everyone of them. I'm not faulting her for doing it, just that the news media and the public at large is so easily "read" and played.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone else think B Rahal should feel slighted, he spent all the money on Danaca, ie bringing her through the ranks, and she finally starts to come into her own and jumps ship to Team green?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Does anyone else think B Rahal should feel slighted, he spent all the money on Danaca, ie bringing her through the ranks, and she finally starts to come into her own and jumps ship to Team green?

Isn’t that part of life though? I worked at one company and gained a ton of experience and then left for a better paying job with more opportunities.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I don't know that much about Legge but why do you think that? Better record coming through the ranks?
She has been better than Danica until this season. I think she won four races last year in Atlantics and she looked very impressive doing it. She's not doing very well though in Champ Car this year.

I think that Danica and her family did the best that they could to negotiate a new contract. She knows how valuable she is in ratings dollars to the IRL and IMO she was just playing the "NASCAR" card to get a new contract and get as much money as she could.

I think that Rahal's priorities have changed in a big way now that Graham is showing so much promise. He seems to be willing to do just about anything at this point to get Graham a ride in F1. It seems like everything else just doesn't matter.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
96LT1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I think that Rahal's priorities have changed in a big way now that Graham is showing so much promise. He seems to be willing to do just about anything at this point to get Graham a ride in F1. It seems like everything else just doesn't matter.
...and you would do anything different if you were in his shoes?

The one thing in racing that seemed to allude him was F1. Now his son has a chance...
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 96LT1

The one thing in racing that seemed to allude him was F1. Now his son has a chance...
No. I certainly wouldn't. That would be my focus in life if I were him.

I was just offering up a possible reason why Bobby Rahal is probably not that upset about losing Danica to AGR after bringing her up through the racing ranks.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:12 PM
96LT1
Safety Car

Point taken...

that and even if it did bother him, he is in a "no-win" situation. If he says anything that could even be construed as negative about the media's "darling"...
Old 07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PA Z06
yep I'd be PO'd but he should have protected his interest with a longer contract option on his side before she new the demand.

I really don't think she could handle NASCAR for 500 miles or so they say it is a longer physically demanding race.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Point taken...

that and even if it did bother him, he is in a "no-win" situation. If he says anything that could even be construed as negative about the media's "darling"...
I don't even think that Rahal will be in the IRL next year, so I don't think it matters much if Danica wanted to stay in the IRL anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Danica to Andretti Green in '07!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Rogue Leader
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Bobby did run F1 breifly in 1978 with the Wolf team, didnt get very far though.

As for my comments about Danica, Legge has a much better record (Danica hasnt won anything since her karting days, where as Legge has won in everything shes driven except ChampCar, Including Atlantics which she was in for 1 year with 4 wins while Danica went winless for 2 years), and yes this year has been tough for her but Shes also running a much tougher series. Foot to the floor oval racing that is the IRL is NOT nearly as tough as road racing, heck its not even up to the level of NASCAR, and ChampCars are much more brutal, unforgiving, and unwieldy than their IRL counterparts. Look at Danica's comments in many other articles, the basic gist is that she doesnt feel Rahal is throing enough cubic $$$ at her to win so she is going somewhere that will. While that is often the motivation for a race driver to move, Buddy Rice was able to contend for the championship in the same car, Vitor Meira for race wins. That and everyone else doesnt tell the world that in such a ridiculously self centered way, especially if you read other things she has said you will get that impression. If she had some race wins Id say otherwise, but the only reason anyone remembers her 4th at Indy is cause shes a girl. Who came in 4th in 2003??? I thought so!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Id say otherwise, but the only reason anyone remembers her 4th at Indy is cause shes a girl. Who came in 4th in 2003??? I thought so!
Hear! Hear!

That she's a girl and she got almost neekked in a magazine!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
96LT1
Safety Car

Bobby did run F1 breifly in 1978 with the Wolf team, didnt get very far though.
I think he had a couple of races but no one would give him a full season. To have come so close and yet so far would have bothered me.

Quick Reply: Danica to Andretti Green in '07!