Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infinion Field Report - 7/21/06

Old 07-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Infinion Field Report - 7/21/06

It was a pretty good turnout of Vette's including a 2006 Z06; Randy and Wolfdog were there as well. It was an untimed TMR event and the heat was oppressive. There were two brand new Ferrari F430's, one of which was on the track. I kept him behind for 3 laps before pointing him by under braking going into the hairpin at turn 11. These things make a great noise. I kept him in sight after that but who is willing to push a $200,000 car at this place. There were a couple of fast NSX's also, a white possibly supercharged one that blew by me and a $60000 Arial Atom that took to the track. The two heavy braking points at turn 7 and 11 are separated by a fair amount of distance so your brakes don't overheat, in fact , I suffered no cracked rotors and still had half of my pads left, both front and rear, even my tires look like they can go 1 more event; so it was very low maintenance for me. Even the shredded pork sandwiches for lunch were real good!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:18 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidney004
It was a pretty good turnout of Vette's including a 2006 Z06; Randy and Wolfdog were there as well. It was an untimed TMR event and the heat was oppressive. There were two brand new Ferrari F430's, one of which was on the track. I kept him behind for 3 laps before pointing him by under braking going into the hairpin at turn 11. These things make a great noise. I kept him in sight after that but who is willing to push a $200,000 car at this place. There were a couple of fast NSX's also, a white possibly supercharged one that blew by me and a $60000 Arial Atom that took to the track. The two heavy braking points at turn 7 and 11 are separated by a fair amount of distance so your brakes don't overheat, in fact , I suffered no cracked rotors and still had half of my pads left, both front and rear, even my tires look like they can go 1 more event; so it was very low maintenance for me. Even the shredded pork sandwiches for lunch were real good!
What a great track and you can never tell who or what will show up to run there. I always like the low maintenance weekends
Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Thanks for your report Sidney. Maybe someone hand timed some laps, and will post here?
Old 07-23-2006, 05:24 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well the only hand timed laps I did were some in the second session for Sidney, who was only doing low 2.02's and then one just after lunch for me and I was in the mid 2.02's. Too hot to push for long as the tires seemed to go away quick so just looking for consistent laps and passing what got in the way. At that pace in upper intermediate nothing that went out early caught up to pass and there were only a few slower P cars that were slower. A few NSXs blew by me like I was loafing.
Had a good few laps with a 400+hp 66 Stang with after market track suspension on Hoosiers running at 2900lbs that I tried to catch in an earlier session but traffic kept us apart, then after lunch I caught him and got a point by after a couple laps and then wasn't able to put any gap in place so pointed him by as well. Fun day.
There didn't seem to be any vintage Vettes there and I didn't get a time on the one C6Z06. As a group, the upper intermediate was as good for point bys as any group I've ever run with. Track Masters runs a great event.
Randy
Old 07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Thanks Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Infinion Field Report - 7/21/06

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infinion Field Report - 7/21/06