Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another alignment thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Ackattack1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please delete this....double post....oops

I've searched and read on this subject, so don't flame me....probably a case of information overload

First, I'm ordering new street tires tommorrow (along with wheels). The current wagon wheels and Goodyear F1 EMT will be my autocross tires for the rest of the year as I'm just getting back into it.

The current tires are worn BAD on the inside (bad for street tires that is).

So what alignment specs should I go with? I will be doing autocrosses maybe once or twice a month, and I'm more concerned with improving my driving skill rather than being competitive (hence why I'm not changing to competition tires this year). Tire wear on the street is more important. I am willing to add a little toe out in preparation for an autocross though.

So, all that being said, what should I go with. I saw this: http://www.vbandp.com/instructions/htmlinstruct/align.htm
and thought I could go with something that averages the advanced street and autocross while setting the toe at 0 for the street, and then turn it out 1/16" for autocross.

Any advice is apreciated.
Derek

Last edited by Ackattack1; 07-19-2006 at 01:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Another alignment thread.