Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, what you people think about the new Atlantic car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:09 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default So, what you people think about the new Atlantic car?

With the demise of Indy lights, they made is bigger, more power and downforce, which is cool, but how will it fit in with the rest of the cars running in FA, will it be allowed?

BTW When I heard they we going to Cosworths I was exited, until I heard it was just a reworked street engine (Mazda)
Old 07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new Atlantics. I like that it's a clearer feeder series into Champ Car. The cars are more like Champ Cars, so it's not as big of a shock when the drivers make the transition to Champ Car. Yeah.. The engine is a Mazda engine reworked by Cosworth. It still makes good power.

The winner of the Atlantics championship this year gets a million dollars towards a ride in Champ Car. The ironic thing is that if Graham Rahal wins it, he's not going to Champ Car. He plans to go to Europe next year and drive in the GP2 series to prepare for a possible career in F1.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Some input from SCCAforums
http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/202487.aspx
My guess is that the new Pro Atlantic car will not be included in Club Racing's Formula Atlantic class. It seems too different compared to the current cars that are included. Also, if it is significantly faster , then SCCA Club Racing would hesitate to put it on the track with other classes that are usually grouped with FA. That is the reason I was told that cars like Indy Lights, F3000 and larger are not allowed in the Formula Super (FS) class - too dangerous with the speed (and weight) differential.

Get notified of new replies

To So, what you people think about the new Atlantic car?

Quick Reply: So, what you people think about the new Atlantic car?