Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick T1 shock install question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:38 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick T1 shock install question!

Need a quick clarification on something: I'm in the middle of a front T1 shock/spring install, and I'm noticing a physical difference between my Z06 shocks and the T1s. On the Z06 shock, there's a yellow rubbery/spongy disc (bump stop? sorry, I'm rather shock-ignorant!) that sits toward the top of the shaft, and is held from going higher up by a retaining ring. The T1 has no such disc. Just wanna make sure I don't need to try to move the disc from one to the other. If I'm wrong and I'm supposed to, how do I do that?

Thanks a bunch!
Fred
Old 07-17-2006, 06:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Fred

The T1 shock does not have that bump stop.

Tom
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Tom. I realized as I continued that the bump stop can slide on past the retaining ring, so I moved them to the T1s anyway. Did I mess myself up here? Shall I undo everything and remove them?

Thx,
Fred
Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
99BlackZ51
Racer

You can run them either way. If you do not use them it gives you a little more room to work with for ride heights but you run a greater chance of damaging the shocks if you do run them too low. Either way you should use hitch pin clips on the shafts to make sure you are not running the ride height too low and bottoming out the shocks.

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Quick T1 shock install question!

Quick Reply: Quick T1 shock install question!