Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Utah Racing-ALMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
90pololt4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Utah Racing-ALMS

The ALMS broke in the new Miller Motorsports Track this week end. They put on one great show. The skies were good and the cars were fast. The Corvettes had to much restriction and as one competotor said "let's remove the engine and push it." It was great racing in all the classes. My brother and I have not been to a major race since the F1 was in Long Beach 26 years ago. I forgot what I was missing. We volunteered and helped the IMSA folks and they treated us great. Can't wait until next year. The drivers and crew just raved about the circuit and facility. The Corvette Corral had over 200 Corvettes and allowed 150 cars on the track. They said it was one of there best turnouts. Now I,ve got the bug again. Mr. LG spent some time talking with some friends and I and we picked up some good info. Lou kicked butt in spit of the restrictions on his car. Great racing Lou. If any of you get the chance to come and drive this track you will be amazed. I have some winter projects lined up now. As one racer said, your Z06 is now 5 years old, gut it and race it, life is to short. I just previewed the coverage on CBS and they do a great job. Unfortunatly they can't begin to show all the things we saw on the big jumbotron and on the track.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:05 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your right life is short so don't hesitate. Glad you had a good time.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

This like they built a 1st rate track there.
I like how it started out as a club track and now it has F1 style garages.

Though I was suprized the word elevation was used, it seemed kind flat on TV. Since you've actually there, how much are we talking?
Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

I'd love to be out there. I've been out there plenty of times skiing. It looks like a great track and hats off to Larry Miller for building it.

What did those Audi turbo diesels sound like in person? I'm thinking about going to the ALMS race at Road America this year just to check them out in person.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Originally Posted by xsiveone
What did those Audi turbo diesels sound like in person? I'm thinking about going to the ALMS race at Road America this year just to check them out in person.

What sound. I doubt they are putting out 90 db. The only time I heard them comming was when they hit the rub strip, and the #2 car did it a lot.

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
This like they built a 1st rate track there.
I like how it started out as a club track and now it has F1 style garages.

Though I was suprized the word elevation was used, it seemed kind flat on TV. Since you've actually there, how much are we talking?
There is quite a bit of elevation change. This is a world class facility that all others will be judged upon now IMHO. It is unheard of for a track to be open a year and to land a event such as ALMS. This place will only get better.

Get notified of new replies

To Utah Racing-ALMS

Quick Reply: Utah Racing-ALMS