Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune-up/mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tune-up/mods

what all do I need to look at replacing after 4 years/45K miles and a bunch of track days. I've been doing to best I can own my own for the last few years, but when I get back to the states, I'd like to have someone that actually knows what they're doing go over the car and give it a good tune-up/upgrade. Essentially all of the mechanical components are factory origional and I think my driving as reached a point that I can use a little more car.

This is what I've got planned so far
- going to add a full compliment of coolers (Oil/trans/diff.) & accusump
- probably going to coil-overs (at a minimum replacing the shocks/springs/swaybars)
- clutch/flywheel

what about things like the timing chain, valve springs, push-rods, pulleys, seals, hoses, ect? Also, what about the "while that's apart, you might as well do ________" stuff (thinking cam).

My plan is to run SM2 class for AutoX and do as many track days as I can. Looking to spend around 10K, max 15K. Looking for reliability, handling and a little more power.

Last edited by Lancer033; 07-15-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: tune-up/mods