Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuild or Replace timing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Rebuild or Replace timing.

I found this over on Rennlist about the 996 RS and RSR

---
"My rule of thumb is to rebuild the engine every 35 hours, the factory makes the following suggestions for intending Daytona entrants:
........ a Daytona engine should have less than 100 hours and less than 5 hours since a rebuild. They also suggest a gearbox with less than 15 hours, new fuel pumps, filters, radiators and lambda sensors amongst other stuff.
I don't know what a rebuild cost in the US. It is a good idea to rebuild/replace all moving parts apart from the engine and gearbox. A generous allowance for a complete moving parts rebuild in Europe is EUR 30-35,000. top racers buy a new car every year, the market for season old cars is buoyant, especially if they have been run with distinction in the Supercup.

In terms of numbers, there are many more Cup cars than ACO/FIA cars. Over 200 cup cars were built for the 2004 season.

The FIA/ACO car is faster than the Cup car. However, unless you are looking to race in an Internationally recognised series, the Cup car is a much better proposition, costing over EUR 100,000 less for only marginally less on track performance."

Source: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...referrerid=836
-----------

Engine, trans, etc rebuild time for our corvettes??
Old 07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I dunno but I can tell you one thing... waxing is starting to look like the only thing I can afford Even if I use Zaino!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I found this over on Rennlist about the 996 RS and RSR

---
"My rule of thumb is to rebuild the engine every 35 hours, the factory makes the following suggestions for intending Daytona entrants:
........ a Daytona engine should have less than 100 hours and less than 5 hours since a rebuild. They also suggest a gearbox with less than 15 hours, new fuel pumps, filters, radiators and lambda sensors amongst other stuff.
I don't know what a rebuild cost in the US. It is a good idea to rebuild/replace all moving parts apart from the engine and gearbox. A generous allowance for a complete moving parts rebuild in Europe is EUR 30-35,000. top racers buy a new car every year, the market for season old cars is buoyant, especially if they have been run with distinction in the Supercup.

In terms of numbers, there are many more Cup cars than ACO/FIA cars. Over 200 cup cars were built for the 2004 season.

The FIA/ACO car is faster than the Cup car. However, unless you are looking to race in an Internationally recognised series, the Cup car is a much better proposition, costing over EUR 100,000 less for only marginally less on track performance."

Source: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...referrerid=836
-----------

Does that include Daily Driving miles .........

DH
Old 07-13-2006, 06:12 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow01
I dunno but I can tell you one thing... waxing is starting to look like the only thing I can afford Even if I use Zaino!

Why can't I be a waxer too
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know a pro racer who does it every other race in SWC. In boats for the inboard offshore race boats it was every other race a freshen up as they called it. That was 300-400 miles. Did my valve springs at 1500 and the next set went at 900 so go figure. Depends on how critical the performance is. As I pond my motor I am sure I lost a few ponied with age but no more than ten.

Get notified of new replies

To Rebuild or Replace timing.

Quick Reply: Rebuild or Replace timing.