Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

classic formula one

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default classic formula one

Check out this one lap of classic Formula One racing and think about what we are watching in the now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dr_6mA8Q2...=david%20hobbs

Larry
Old 07-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a legendary race at Dijon; remember seeing it on television in 1979, it was breathtaking. I saw Gilles Villenueve's 4th GP at Long Beach, which he led until he tangled with Reggazoni while passing. That was one of the best I have ever seen in 30 years of spectating.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

GREAT video. Thanks Larry
Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Great video!! That is what F1 used to be like until it became a pit stop contest, too bad! If one takes a bit of time to look around "youtube" there are all sorts of great clips just like that, all you have to do is look.

There are also some very morbid videos on there too..... I found a 10 minute link that someone put together that showed many of the on track deaths that have occured over the last 50 years in F1. It is pretty graphic in some parts. It is amazing to see how many people died b/c of fire or the lack of safety crews getting there in time to put out the fire.

ps: As a racer I don't want to see the link again nor will I post it. If you would like to see it take some time and look around "youtube" yourself.

Anyway, that was a great video..

Get notified of new replies

To classic formula one

Quick Reply: classic formula one