Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z and C6 Hardbar harness bar and lap/sub belt bar pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default C6Z and C6 Hardbar harness bar and lap/sub belt bar pics.

We are now shipping this system for the C6 and C6Z. The Harness bar is 7.8 pounds and the lap belt bar is 3 pounds. As you can see, there is very little seat travel restriction (see pic where I have mine and I am 6'-0"). This is by far the lightest and stiffest harness bar on the market. And with a special order a 3 pound carbon fiber version is available as well. Normally they come powdercoated black, but I always keep this one in stock in case someone has an event and I am put of stock. The Harness bar is $325 and shows an optional CNC belt collar ($25). The lap/sub belt bar is powdercoated steel and is $140. The Teamtech Rampac six-point shown is $317 in your choice of colors.
Come see it at NHIS tomorrow!
Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073

Old 07-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

forwarded to a friend.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Loco Vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Loaded like a freight train, flyin' like an aeroplane!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X-XI Blind Cart Auto-X Champ
CI VI Autocross Champ
CI VIII Autocross Champ
CI VIII Cone-killin' champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Oboy! Oboy! Oboy! Oboy! Oboy!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:31 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

I used this this last weekend with my HANS at NHIS. Some of the other harness setups I have seen would not work at all with a HANS because there is nothing to keep the harness from falling off of your shoulders. With the Teamtech Rampac shown, the fully padded torso and NASCAR approved Velcro sternem strap is much better than a simple 3 inch shoulder harness, with or without a HANS. Then again, I don't want to even get in any car at a track without head and neck restraint of one form or another.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,
Few questions:

1. Is the harness bar blocking the rear view mirror?
2. Can you describe the lap belt bar, can't really see it in the pictures.
3. Does the sub belt share the same bar as the lap belt? Or, is that a separate purchase?

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

1. Is the harness bar blocking the rear view mirror?

No, it is below the sight plane. Sitting in the car the bar is completely below the bottom of the rear window as you look in the rear view mirror.

2. Can you describe the lap belt bar, can't really see it in the pictures.
It is a welded steel powdercoated piece that goes between the floor and the seat. Just remove the rear seat nuts, lift the rear of the seat, and put ht bar over the seat studs and replace the seat and nuts. Very simple.

3. Does the sub belt share the same bar as the lap belt? Or, is that a separate purchase?

The bar does both jobs. In the pic below, the red sub belts ( 6 point, if you use a 5 point a center hole is provided) are attached to the cross piece, and the lap belts go to the ends of the bar (black belts in pic). With this setup you sit on the sub belt. I see where some guys run the sub belts forward and that is totally incorrect because you "can't push a rope". A fabric strap cannot do anything if it is not in tension.

Thank you, good questions!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:47 AM
hapnermw
Racer

Gary,

Can you describe what steps are required to install the harness bar. Do you supply templates for cutting the panels? Are the CNC collars for keeping the shoulder straps in position or do they have some other function? If they aren't used, what issues arise?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Yes, a template is included, it is positioned over the plastic panel and it locates the 2 1/8 hole saw hole. I use a cordless drill and it takes like a minute per panel. I did a cut and paste from the instructions below. The formatting is a little lost as are the pics. The only difference between the C6 and C6ZO6 is the thread size for the bolts that go into the B pillar. The C6 is an M12 and the ZO6 is an M11(7/16-20). The panels are only $40 from Chevy. If necessary, I can supply them but it is so easy.

The lap belt bar instructions are below as well. That is very easy and yesterday I removed mine in less than 3 minutes. The pictures included were lost in the cut and paste, but are included in the real instructions. If you want the real version, email me and I will send it to you as a document.
As for the shaft collar, I don't think it is necessary with the Teamtech Rampac harness but with a standard harness it is an option for those who want it. It is our response to competitor's products that have welded loops on the harness bar to locate the harness.

Co-Axial (C6 ZO6) Harness bar
Installation Instructions

Tools Required: Parts Supplied:
1) T-47 Torx wrench 1) Harness Bar
2) Small flat blade screwdriver 2) (2) 7/16-20 x 2.25 Socket screws
3) 2 1/8 hole saw 3) (2) steel spacers
4) 3/8 Allen wrench (hex key)
5) 46 inch piece of 2x4

a) Carefully remove electrical connector to the gas struts that support the rear hatch.
b) Support hatch with 46 inch piece of 2x4 or equivalent.
c) Using a small screwdriver inserted into the clip in the strut, remove lower end of gas struts.
d) Using small screwdriver, carefully pry off plastic cover on “B” pillars. See the picture for tab locations.
e) Using enclosed template over the shoulder harness slot, cut 2 1/8 hole on cover on each plastic cover.
f) Remove shoulder harness bolts with T-47 Torx wrench.
g) Slide harness bar through hole in cover.
h) Insert long cap screw (bolt) through hole in end of bar and slide the spacer over screw threads on outboard end of bar and slide stock shoulder harness over spacer.
i) Position Harness bar with screw and spacer over shoulder harness threaded hole and partially tighten into hole with 3/8 hex key. DO NOT TIGHTEN YET!
Insert the other long cap screw through harness bar, and spacer and thread into “B” pillar.
j) Tighten screws (30 ft-lbs.), do not over tighten.
k) This bar is designed for a wrap around shoulder harness. The wrap around harness should be adjusted to permit rotation about the harness bar.
l) Thank you for your order. If you have any questions or problems, please call 603-682-8073. Win your event!

Lap/Sub Belt Bar and
Team Tech Harness
Installation Instructions

Tools Required: Parts Supplied:
1) 6mm Hex keys 1) Mount
2) 17mm wrench 2) 2, M10 hex nut
3) 15mm wrench or socket 3) 2, M10 steel washers
4) 2, M10x25mm button head cap screws

With Harness:
1) 8, small 10mm washers
2) 4, Large fender 10mm washers
3) 2, M10x 30 button head cap screws
4) 2, M10 Nylock nuts

a) Assemble lap and sub belts to ends of cross bar using the supplied M10 button head cap screws, washers and nuts. The correct order is (from inside of mount going out) screw, mount wall, washer, sub belt, lap belt, washer, nut.

b) Tighten nut just enough to take up gaps but lap belt needs to rotate freely!

c) Disable the “easy entry” seat feature on the electric seats to prevent the seat from going all the way back and hitting the cross bar and hurting the seat motors.

d) Remove plastic covers over front seat nuts. The cover is removed by first pulling the pin out and the pulling the cover forward.

e) Remove the seat nuts with the 15mm wrench (or socket).

f) Lift seat off of studs and move forward a few inches and rest on floor.

g) Position cross bar over studs (angle piece faces rearward). Note, the carpet may need minor trimming by cutting corners like the miters in a picture frame. The cross bar must sit on floor not the carpet!

h) Reinstall seat over studs, and tighten nuts (20 ft-lbs).

i) After ½ hour of use, check all fasteners and recheck after each event.

j) Thankyou for your order. If you have any questions or problems, please call 603-682-8073.
k) Win your event!

Last edited by ghoffman; 07-14-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:56 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Ordered,
Looking forward to getting it installed.

BTW, Customer service and honesty is not a lost art.
Thanks for help on my order.

Thanks Gary
Old 08-12-2006, 07:28 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by WNeal
Ordered,
Looking forward to getting it installed.

BTW, Customer service and honesty is not a lost art.
Thanks for help on my order.

Thanks Gary
Thanks, shipped on 08-08.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:47 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Installed the system yesterday

Old 08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gary,

Man, that looks like some really nice stuff!! As usual!! Next time I am up at NHIS I'll have to grab your keys again to try out that new stuff to see how well it fits me! ( even though it will be a LONG time before I have a C6Z!! )

Cheers!

Joe Gaudette

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z and C6 Hardbar harness bar and lap/sub belt bar pics.

Quick Reply: C6Z and C6 Hardbar harness bar and lap/sub belt bar pics.