Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hallett this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hallett this weekend?

I'll be there. I know this sounds crazy, but I quit my job so I could be there. Well actually, so I could be home with my family. After 3 years of 200 plus nights a year in hotel rooms, I'm home.

Wife and I are going on Saturday. Might see some of you there. first HPDE in 9 months.

Last edited by johninar; 06-21-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:39 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

John,

I'll be there if it's not too hot.

Rick
Old 06-21-2006, 08:38 AM
johninar
Drifting

Rick, I'm afraid it's going to be hot. 96 today in the Rock. I just don't want to miss the first date that I've been home since last year. I can always turn the AC on.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:29 PM
2001bigbird
Intermediate

i am planing on a nice sunday drive at hallett.
weatherman said highs in mid 80's
steve
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
johninar
Drifting

Saturday was fun. Way too many in the first run group. Rick, it was good to see you again. You and Harvey seemed to stay at the head of the pack. I was sure glad they split us into two run groups for the rest of the day. Brakes held up well for me. I was really pleased with the car. Only thing I noticed yesterday (not HPDE related), is another one of my magnetic shocks are leaking. Last time I took it in, they would not replace it just because the shock was "wet", well I've got shock oil all over the inner fender. Maybe that's enought for them to replace it.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:29 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Hi John,

It was great to have you back in the saddle. It was a good day. I agree too many in the first session but it was great the rest of the day with the split groups.

I ran well. Didn't get passed all day long. Seat time has really helped me since we last visited. Functional brakes also play a part.....as does the Z06 suspension components. I have over 800 miles around Hallett now.

When Harvey lined up behind me in his Impala I didn't realize it was him and figured the Impala would be quickly lost in my rearview. Damn was I wrong. Driving 7/10 to 8/10 I couldn't pull away from him. Afterwards I went over to talk to this crazy man and saw it was Harvey and learned he was running a stroker in the SS with basically a race suspension.

He's a good driver. I was pleased to stay ahead of him. Really fast Impala SS. I never thought a boat like that would get around the track the way it did. He figures he's got 385 hp to the rear wheels.

I hope you get your shock issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Wish I had more time to visit on Saturday but had first timers with me and wanted to spend time with them.

See you next month as long as it's not over 100 degrees.

Rick
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
johninar
Drifting

I may not make it next month. We are going to Vettes on the Rockies and I may get roped into "honey-dos" on that weekend. We'll see.
Harvey had a problem with his "boat" on the fourth run group. He blew out the front right wheel cylinder and caught it on fire. He was able to use the fire extinquisher and keep it from doing any damage. That was a perfect example of having a fire extinguisher on hand. You just never know when something might happen.

One of the other SSs out there is a local cop from my area. Turns out the only time I've ever been pulled over in the Vette was from him. It was on my first trip to Hallett last year with the tire trailer. I had blown the fuse for the trailer lights, and he stopped me to let me know.

He ended up blowing a head gasket and didn't finish the day out. Too bad, it was his first time on the track.

A fun group 4 SSs.... that's a lot of iron.

I really like Hallett. I don't have near the seat time you have there, but I'm doing much better than last year.

John

Get notified of new replies

To Hallett this weekend?

Quick Reply: Hallett this weekend?