Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a good...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anyone know a good...

Traffic attorney in the Pooler, GA area?
I was doing a track event at Roebling Road this past weekend and had a momentary lapse of common sense on the way to the track. I decided that 60 in a 45 was not so bad... THE local Pooler police officer on duty apparently did not agree and corrected my thinking for me. Gave me no breaks on the write-up either.

I'd rather hire good local representation than take up an entire day (or 1.5 days) to drive all the way back down there and talk to the DA myself.

Any references are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,395 Likes on 748 Posts

What about deferred adjudication? You could probably handle that via the post office.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I hate to hear that, Chuck. Did they get you along Hwy 80/17?

I'm sure you'll be inundated with letters from attorneys in the area within the next few days, after your citation makes the local publications. Those guys can smell blood in the water from miles away.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:44 PM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
What about deferred adjudication? You could probably handle that via the post office.
What is deferred adjudication; postponing?

Falcon -
Yeah, it was on GA80.

The sad part is I rarely drive faster than 5-9 over the speed limit on public streets anymore; unless on the interstate where I'd be run over by everyone else for driving less than 75-80. It's just this one time when I was choosing to do something different for whatever reason (reason doesn't really matter...), I get busted. Figures.

Cheers,
C
Old 06-20-2006, 09:31 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,395 Likes on 748 Posts

Deferred adjudication is basically probation. Assuming you don't have any tickets in the past x period (6 months?), you pay the "administrative fee", no tickets within x period, and the ticket doesn't go on your record (and therefore to the insurance company).

Hope that's available to you in GA.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
cgh1
Burning Brakes

OK. Deferred Adjudication sounds like what we in NC and SC call a Prayer for Judgement Continued (PJC) and it is recommended as a last option only. I don't know about GA but now in NC/SC PJCs are reported to insurance and if you get another ticket within 3 years you will be convicted for both at the time of the second's hearing.

I will definitely check into it. THANKS!!

Still, if anyone knows any good traffic attorneys in the Pooler/Savannah area please do let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know a good...

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good...