Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track events near Miami?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Track events near Miami?

I am interviewing for a job in Riviera Beach in a few weeks and want to know what the track day options are in the region.

I really like that Motorsport Ranch is only 35 minutes from where I leave now.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:55 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You might have to put your driving shoes on. I Chinn Motorsports offers several days at Sebring and Homestead during the year. Here is the link to their calendar -- http://www.chinmotorsports.com/events/calendar.asp
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks. I figured there were plenty around. Just wanted to make sure the 3x the housing cost is my only major moving concern.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:01 AM
johnsea06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One good thing about FL is you can get lot's of track time... and find a lot of vette enthusiasts...

Chin is a well run organization with events at Homestead and Sebring. Typically 1 event per month in FL. Instruction available.

SAFE Motorsports has events at Homestead, Moroso & Sebring. SAFE tends to have fewer participants and has a more open format for lot's of track time. For vette owners the annual membership fee is presently being waived. Must have a sponsor and instruction not available. This is usually not a problem and if you haven't hot lapped on a new track solo, plenty of vette owners are glad to help and ride with you or you ride with them. About 8 events a year.

http://www.safemotorsports.com

NASE FL also has events at Homestead, Moroso & Sebring. NASE is more structured and very popular with a wider variety of vehicles. Instruction available & competitive opportunities.

http://www.drivenasafl.com

Moroso is located west of West Palm Beach, near Riviera Beach. Homestead is about a 1.5 hr outside of rush hour. Sebring less than 2 hrs.

For something different you can find a good group of vette owners who run the 1/4mi at Moroso for the Corvette Challenge. I prefer HPDE's over 1/4, but I've met some really good peeps at this well run event. I never ran 1/4 events until this group started and always have a great time even if I get bounced out in round 1. There's a few of us who run HPDE's and the Challenge events as a loosely organized group. We try to run the same HPDE's and get a group of garages at the track together.

http://www.corvettechallengemmp.com/

If you have any questions, just ask. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

sebring is worth the drive (about 2.5 hours conservatively). homestead is in your back yard. moroso is maybe an hour from you (or little more). I haven't driven homestead but hear good things about that facility. I rode moroso and didn't like it but it's close to you. sebring is worth the drive though.

as john said, chin, safe, nasa are good venues but there are many others--pboc and viperdays are a couple other good groups to run with.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to correct you Eric, but Sebring is 1 hour 30 minutes from Riviera Beach and Moroso is only 20 minutes away. Homestead is about 1 hour 40 minutes south. Sebring is by far the best of the three.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Sorry to correct you Eric, but Sebring is 1 hour 30 minutes from Riviera Beach and Moroso is only 20 minutes away. Homestead is about 1 hour 40 minutes south. Sebring is by far the best of the three.
wow, way off! even better. in addition to the close proximity of tracks there are a lot of great guys to run with in your area--chill, john, joe, joe, taaz to name just a few. plenty others who don't post much. these guys aren't your pit-lane-tea-sippers either.

Get notified of new replies

To Track events near Miami?

Quick Reply: Track events near Miami?