Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indy F1 Seating help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:43 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Indy F1 Seating help needed

We bought our F1 tickets a while ago and I was EXTREMELY clear to the person the phone I wanted to sit across from the F1 Garage's.

Over and over I stressed this. Just put us in the middle of the garages. I know I won't get to know which garage until the race but I didn't care. We wanted a Garage view and I even told her in the middle of the garage isle is great.

She sold us Box 09, Row H, Seat 5&6 in the Paddock seating.

I found a map that shows the F1 Garages are different than the regular ones and from my map I'm no where near the garage.

I called again to confirm and she told me the map wasn't to scale and that for sure I was across from the garage.

She told me I was just past the Start-Finish line on the finish side...I said but the garages are before the start finish line...dead silence on the phone until "I'm sure your across from the garage". I told her again, I wanted to be across from the FORMULA ONE GARAGE, not the Nascar Garage, she said I was.

No track map is available and I was hoping someone who has been there can confirm those seats before I get there and find out she was wrong all along.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by NoOne
We bought our F1 tickets a while ago and I was EXTREMELY clear to the person the phone I wanted to sit across from the F1 Garage's.

Over and over I stressed this. Just put us in the middle of the garages. I know I won't get to know which garage until the race but I didn't care. We wanted a Garage view and I even told her in the middle of the garage isle is great.

She sold us Box 09, Row H, Seat 5&6 in the Paddock seating.

I found a map that shows the F1 Garages are different than the regular ones and from my map I'm no where near the garage.

I called again to confirm and she told me the map wasn't to scale and that for sure I was across from the garage.

She told me I was just past the Start-Finish line on the finish side...I said but the garages are before the start finish line...dead silence on the phone until "I'm sure your across from the garage". I told her again, I wanted to be across from the FORMULA ONE GARAGE, not the Nascar Garage, she said I was.

No track map is available and I was hoping someone who has been there can confirm those seats before I get there and find out she was wrong all along.

Thanks

Top pic is actually 3 pics from around Sec 2 in Paddock. Note the Pagoda is at the Start/Finish line. The Garages start to the right (south) of the Pagoda.

Second pic you can make out start/finish, Pagoda and Orange garage area. Note the Pic says not to scale.

With decent binoculars you should be able to see the Garages??

Good Luck!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Here's a better pic looking across the track with cars on the grid (Sauber, Benneton, and Jordan). Pagoda is to left of USA flag.

forgot to link pic!!!

Last edited by Bink; 05-31-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:02 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Thanks for the pics...those pics do not get me too excited...I was iffy on Indy in the first pace and after seeing those I'm getting more iffy.

At Montreal you can sit a good 8 feet from the track and the grandstands are very vertical, its a great place to watch the race. I'll put a pick up of where we were the past few times.

Thanks for your help I guess I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Stands are much steeper with better viewing at Montreal.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

The last pic makes me feel a bit better at least.

Montreal also doesn't have such a huge fence...What I want to do is take photo's of the garages and pit crews as the day goes on.

I have a Rebel XT with a 300mm lens.

From your last shot it looks like I might be there, but those garages acorss the way, it doesn't look like there are any setups in there. Are those the F1 garages or are they further down?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Bottom pic is from same area as earlier (above post) pics - sec. 2 Paddock. You can go down to the fence, along the walk, and take pics.

Those are the F1 garages - it's so bright outside the light from the garages isn't picked up on the film.

I've been to each USGP race since it returned to Indy and have same seats each year. My daughter's boyfriend took the pics with an SLR 35mm camera.

Get notified of new replies

To Indy F1 Seating help needed

Quick Reply: Indy F1 Seating help needed