Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reno-Fernley...anyone run here???

Old 05-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Default Reno-Fernley...anyone run here???

Looks like a cool place!

http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/t...oad_course.php

Old 05-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Ken Cemo
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the original layout last year in my Camaro. It was not anything like Thunderhill or Infineon or Laguna. Imagine a drunk on a bulldozer laying out a race course for the first time. However it was fun for the first time and the main straight was good for spending a little time in 5th gear! The new addition looks awesome. I would definitley go back to experience it.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just going out for day 4 out of 5 this past week. Did two different configs last M/Tu with the local school, Next Level Driving, and went back for almost the full track yesterday afternoon, 4mi's is long. The up hill off the old track it really steep and has esses up to a blind exit at the top. There are two other blind entries on that config as well. Slows things down from the old track which was just high speed fun, everything visible to much more technical. Back today and tomorrow and we'll see if getting up to speed helps against the experienced guys.
Randy
Old 05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'd get lost

kidding, looks like a wild track. I wish we had more variety around here.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:41 AM
ImaRoadDog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from Reno-Fernley yesterday (Saturday). I was out there with the NCRC group. Neat track, until it started snowing. I didn't run my car, but instead helped a friend of mine with his car. He blew out his clutch on the second session which ended our day and we left due to the weather. I walked the track the previous day and you can't believe the elevation changes. Can't wait to run it in my car.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:12 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think I have ever seen a course with so many possible configurations. It looks like a great course to run.

Larry
Old 05-28-2006, 10:06 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, three days in a row, wow after the snow things turned very nice. We ran the H config on Saturday and I didn't get any real good laps until after the Time Trial was over, so much for practice. Of course the TT was just after the course dried from the morning rain, 2.19 isn't going to do much except that hardly anyone went out. I did work the time down to a more reasonable 2.06.5 this AM so my timing was off about a day. Of course the Trans-Am car did a 1.48.x, and there were 9 full race setups that did under 2 flat.
After lunch they switched to the full track, 4.0 miles and on the out lap since I had done it Friday I took it out just a little fast since there were most of those race setups behind in the line. Well, about 5 of us were doing well but somebody that lagged behind took a wrong turn and went down a wrong way, so they red flagged the session to sort it out and then I got to lead two yellow ducks in a row laps before we went green. Still got in one good lap before before some of the racers started to catch up and I was watching mirrors as much as the track.
The fast Vettes for the weekend that I remember included Randy in a race set up C5 Coupe, Siro in a C4 race car, Art in a very nice C5 Z06 with cage and was also in that 2.00/01 territory. Then Phil had a nice Z06, & how could I forget Gerry in a V Yellow C6-Z06 and I never tracked down one other C5. Great weekend and looking forward to more time on R-F.
Randy

Last edited by StArrow68; 05-29-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Reno-Fernley...anyone run here???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reno-Fernley...anyone run here???