Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mazda (VIR)

Old 05-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mazda (VIR)

Greetings Vette Guys! I know there are some really track savy enthusiasts on this forum. I have been in here absorbing some knowledge and watching some of your vids and have enjoyed your site. I love your vettes and really anything that has wheels and hauls azz. I'll be with the Mazda drivers ***. next month at VIR and would like to meet some of you guys and do some lapping. My son in law is a chevy guy and would really get a kick out of checking out your cars and riding a session with someone. He really is a big help with event prep and with anything that comes up at the track. I would like to see him get the chance to see what it is like to be out on track in a well prepared well driven car as a reward for being such a big help. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from some of you as the event day approaches. Thanks in advance and keep the shiny side up! Skeet.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:46 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

There will be a group of us parked on the far end of the lot. Several are instructors for the event, and I'm sure if you stop by you can arrange a ride or two.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

At most events, only drivers can ride along with instructors.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

How many in the group so far? When you say the far end do you mean while facing the front stretch the left side towards the roller coaster? Does your group show up Friday evening to drop off trailers?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be there.

We normally park in that section that is right beside the pit out access gate.

Look for this:

Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
MazdaratiRob
Advanced

Originally Posted by Falcon
I'll be there.

We normally park in that section that is right beside the pit out access gate.

Look for this:
And then park as far away as you can. Otherwise you will get dragged down into places no one ever wants to talk about. Look at what happened to Falcon. He used to be almost normal, but rumor has it, he was wearing a pink flamingo hat to accent his remaining accoutrements. Go far far away.

I will be there as well, with as much of my stuff as the trailer will hold. But I am a living, still somewhat sane person, that blames my demise on Falcon.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:57 AM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, its finally hammock season.........
Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

It is likely that I will have to get instructor approval to be put in advanced group. I have only 7 DE's under my belt but I have run with advanced the last three and have had no problem keeping up. If I get assigned intermediate does anyone want to volunteer for instructor duty? BTW, I hope none of you guys break out in a rash or get short of breath with a Ford nearby.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

ttt

Last edited by Exit Speed; 05-18-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by MazdaratiRob
And then park as far away as you can. Otherwise you will get dragged down into places no one ever wants to talk about. Look at what happened to Falcon. He used to be almost normal, but rumor has it, he was wearing a pink flamingo hat to accent his remaining accoutrements. Go far far away.

I will be there as well, with as much of my stuff as the trailer will hold. But I am a living, still somewhat sane person, that blames my demise on Falcon.
I think it will be fun hanging out with you guys. My wife, daughter, and her husband will be there to join the fun. What time would most drop off trailers. Transport safely and see you at the track. Skeet.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Exit Speed
My wife, daughter, and her husband will be there to join the fun.
Uh Oh! Skeet, when we go to the track for the weekend we tell our wives they can't come because we're going to secret husband/man retreat where we study ways and methods to make our wives happy. We tell them we take special classes on listening and getting in touch with our inner selves. Your wife won't let the cat out of the bag, will she?

If our wives find out we're having fun, it'll be the end of this and back to lawn mowing, mall shopping and window cleaning on the weekends!

I hope they have a good time and bring them up by the Big Pine Key outpost for an adult beverage afterwards.

We'll be dropping off our trailers around 5'ish and hanging around the paddock until we run out of beer.

I'm staying at the Lodge so I'll be eating at the Tavern which is next door to the Lodge.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 PM
bpirate
Burning Brakes

Someone needs to read the rules on bringing alcohol.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Exit Speed
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Falcon
Uh Oh! Skeet, when we go to the track for the weekend we tell our wives they can't come because we're going to secret husband/man retreat where we study ways and methods to make our wives happy. We tell them we take special classes on listening and getting in touch with our inner selves. Your wife won't let the cat out of the bag, will she?

If our wives find out we're having fun, it'll be the end of this and back to lawn mowing, mall shopping and window cleaning on the weekends!

I hope they have a good time and bring them up by the Big Pine Key outpost for an adult beverage afterwards.

We'll be dropping off our trailers around 5'ish and hanging around the paddock until we run out of beer.

I'm staying at the Lodge so I'll be eating at the Tavern which is next door to the Lodge.
Sounds like you guys really make the most of these events. I will be pulling a white 24ft enclosed with a White Chevy Express Van. I think I know where to look for the group. See you at the track. Skeet.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Z06 Silver Bullet
Racer

Have fun.

I'll be at Rockingham this coming weekend so will miss out.

Get notified of new replies

To Mazda (VIR)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda (VIR)