Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSR Houston last weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 PM
RedHotBolt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSR Houston last weekend

My first time at the track. It was fun but 220 miles from home is a little long for me. Here is a good video of the track.

http://motorheads.net/mustangers/

Looks like Hennessey is building a road course at Lone Star Raceway in Sealy. That will be 90 miles closer for me and give us four tracks in Texas not counting Texas Motor Speedway.

Jerry
Old 05-01-2006, 04:00 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotBolt
Looks like Hennessey is building a road course at Lone Star Raceway in Sealy. That will be 90 miles closer for me and give us four tracks in Texas not counting Texas Motor Speedway.
Wow! Sounds like alot of options coming our way in the next few years!

You going to TWS in June with TDE by any chance? That will be my first this season... finally got off my rear and going to get going.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerry

What were you driving? I agree, I had an absolute blast. My first event! Many, many more to come.

Are there any other tracks you will be attending?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're in corpus you're pretty close to college station... sign up for the June 3rd/4th Driver's Edge. Its a fun course, lots of throttle/momentum, even for us vettes.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:29 AM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RedHotBolt
My first time at the track. It was fun but 220 miles from home is a little long for me. Here is a good video of the track.

http://motorheads.net/mustangers/

Jerry
That's amazing; did I walk past you that much and not say hi? I thought I saw your car out there - but it was a pretty busy weekend. Saturday was crazy; which is when I drove over. Got in after the rain and did my first run with Green group. Took 17 to pitstraight slow - but rear came out (saved it).

You're right it's super far away - but we took the back way; up 1462 to 71 into Bastrop and 95 north to Taylor over to 35 home - still took about 4 hours.

I agree about the track; it was super fun and had some good turns. Loved being on the track behind the Carerra GT on the last red-run of the day - that was fun!

See you at TWS!

JK
Old 05-02-2006, 09:05 AM
RedHotBolt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forhamilton
Jerry

What were you driving? I agree, I had an absolute blast. My first event! Many, many more to come.

Are there any other tracks you will be attending?
I was in the white run group in the white C6. I am signed up for TWS in June but I think I'm going to cancel and wait until Oct. when it's cooler.

I also run at MSR Cresson and of course TWS.

Jerry
Old 05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
forhamilton
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Yellow01 - I'm already signed up for TWS. I'll be in a black C6Z06 - See you there.

JKonkle - Had a blast this weekend. I am definitely going to have to make some sort of ramp to get my low *** car into the trailer. Watching that Carrera GT was awesome.

Redhotbolt - I remember your car now. Great fun this weekend.

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To MSR Houston last weekend

Quick Reply: MSR Houston last weekend