Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockingham NC May 12-13-14

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Rockingham NC May 12-13-14

**** All marques are welcome! ****

Hurricane Region PCA has slots available at their Friday Orientation and Lapping Day (May 12) at Rockingham. Brief classroom and in-car instruction sessions for those drivers new to Rockingham will be provided after the drivers meeting. The reminder of Friday will be open driving sessions for all participants. Passing rules are in effect for the four ample passing zones, although traffic delays are unlikely with the low track density. Friday is open to all instructors or drivers with at least ten schools and prior solo on-track experience. Friday Fee is $150 + $5 lunch (optional).
----------
The Driving School on Saturday and Sunday (May 13-14) also has open slots in all run groups. Novices are encouraged to sign up, as well as experienced drivers. Carla is returning as our excellent classroom instructor. A tire expert will present tire tips and recommendations in Saturday afternoon classroom sessions.

Student fee is $310 and includes lunch both days and an event T-shirt. Instructor fee is $50 and includes lunch both days and an event T-shirt. Garages are available for $25 for the weekend. Useful information and registration forms are available at http://www.trackschedule.com/HurricaneDE.html

Driving school registration closes May 1 so sign up now!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:05 PM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! I had no idea that Rockingham was a roval. I'll be retiring to Pinehurst in 5 years and now will have something to do.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:48 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
**** All marques are welcome! ****

...... Instructor fee is $50 and includes lunch both days and an event T-shirt. Garages are available for $25 for the weekend. Useful information and registration forms are available at http://www.trackschedule.com/HurricaneDE.html

Driving school registration closes May 1 so sign up now!
I have noticed more of that lately - Florida Crown did not get all the instructors they needed at Roebling in Jan since they are charging instructors...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:14 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Audi wanted to charge instructors $25 for the t-shirt and dinner, but had few instructors sign up.
Then they retracted the payment. Those instructors that did pay the $25 got their checks back at the event.

Carolinas PCA requires the instructors to send in a $100 check with registration, but the instructors get it back when they show up. If the instructor cancels the club cashes the check and the instructor is out $100.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
....Carolinas PCA requires the instructors to send in a $100 check with registration, but the instructors get it back when they show up. If the instructor cancels the club cashes the check and the instructor is out $100.
That I can understand and relate to! I have been many places where instructors were no show....
Old 04-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
That I can understand and relate to! I have been many places where instructors were no show....
Almost as bad is when they show up, but their car breaks on Saturday and they either sign their students off immediately so they can work on the car or bag *** home to work on it. Either way, the student & the head instructor and club get the shaft.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:53 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Falcon
Almost as bad is when they show up, but their car breaks on Saturday and they either sign their students off immediately so they can work on the car or bag *** home to work on it. Either way, the student & the head instructor and club get the shaft.
Carolina PCA keeps the check until you turn in the student grade sheets on Sunday afternoon....they learned the hard way I guess.

I have picked up students for guys/gals for lots of reasons - most of the time I am happy to do it....

Get notified of new replies

To Rockingham NC May 12-13-14

Quick Reply: Rockingham NC May 12-13-14