Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Definition lap in-car F430 at Homestead

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High Definition lap in-car F430 at Homestead

I just uploaded video of my F430 at homestead during the last SAFE motorsports event. This was a track day. Most of the lap is spent behind a friends Ford GT.

Due to the nature of internet forums. I want to say a few things ahead of time. First, it's a track day, not a race. The Ford in this video is modified to around 150 extra HP. The driver is a pro with ALMS experience and time on this track. It is, however, his first time in this car (it is not his.) This is my first time on this track. In other words, don't try to compare the cars from this. Just enjoy the video for what it is, a good video with a couple cool cars.

I also included a couple pics someone took for me. Unfortunately my memory card was almost full so I didnt get more. Also, unfortunately I put the camera too close to the windshield so the tapping you hear is the lense tapping the glass. I'll get it all right next time.

Warning: this video is High Definition so before you waste time downloading it make sure you have enough computer to play it.
Here is microsoft's recommended minimum:
Minimum Configuration
(to play 720p video)

Windows XP
Windows Media Player 9 Series
2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
384 MB of RAM
64 MB video card
DVD drive
1024 x 768 screen resolution
16-bit sound card
Speakers

Here is the video:
F430 video: Right Click-Save As

Pics:
Attached Images   
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is a standard definition in-car video from the event in a Carrera GT. I'm putting this here for my friend Joel, who it appears is better at driving cars than working computers.

Carrera GT in-car: Right Click-Save As
Old 04-25-2006, 07:26 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just played till the GT passed you, is that it?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Zoli007
Racer

Havent seen the CGT video yet but yours was really cool. Amazing the quality of it.

The 430 seems very very quiet. Put some tubi's on her & let her scream.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Just played till the GT passed you, is that it?
No, it is a full lap. Should run about 2 minutes.

P.S. Dr Chill, if you read this, I wish I had gotten to get a few laps following you. GO get that new Z06 and I'll get some footage of you at Sebring.

Last edited by Blocktrdr; 04-25-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
jlucas
Racer

What type of camera did you take that with?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Wow amazing video quality... sweet car!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:45 PM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Excellent quality video! I love high def. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:01 AM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Default great

now buy my ford gt and you can modify it!! to be evem quicker!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:07 AM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit
Thanks for sharing
Old 04-26-2006, 05:14 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for posting! You guys sure had some cool toys there that day.

Was that white supercharged Z06 yours? Do you know what happened to it?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
taaz024
Drifting

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thanks for posting! You guys sure had some cool toys there that day.

Was that white supercharged Z06 yours? Do you know what happened to it?

Yea, those cars are sweet!! We were part of Dr. Chills vette group and have been wondering what had happened to the white vette. Will you be at the next SAFE event, which I believe is in Sebring?

Mike
Old 04-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

First, camera was a Sanyo HD1 mounted with a cardellini clamp on a suction mount. I will attach pics.

Whit Z06 was my cousins. Fire started in trunk. Nothing was in the trunk and it appears it had to be a wire heating up. Car was very clean before event so it's real strange. It is pretty cleaned up now. Once the fire supression crap was cleaned up it wasn't nearly as bad. He's getting new decklid, wire harness, and other parts from Karshop. He should make it to Sebring. A&A has been building me a C6 427 TT for a while now. It's likely that car will be ready for Sebring. Either way I should be there with something. Was kind of a hectic day at homestead. Hopefully at Sebring I will have more time to mull around the pits. BTW, I went by a couple of vettes in other laps on the video. I don't think it was any CF guys though. I'll put up more footage later when I drop it down to SD. HD just takes up too much room to put any more than a couple min on the net.

racerwannabe, my C6 should be capable of leaving that Ford in the dust so I will be getting even next time.

edit: forgot the pics
Attached Images   

Last edited by Blocktrdr; 04-26-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:25 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there. I saw the Carerra GT get pulled in late in the day. But I thought he ran out of gas because the tow truck pulled him to the pump. Then as I was going home on the turnpike, he passed me. I think he thought he was still on the track because he must have been going close to 100
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Blocktrdr
First, camera was a Sanyo HD1 mounted with a cardellini clamp on a suction mount. I will attach pics.

Whit Z06 was my cousins. Fire started in trunk. Nothing was in the trunk and it appears it had to be a wire heating up. Car was very clean before event so it's real strange. It is pretty cleaned up now. Once the fire supression crap was cleaned up it wasn't nearly as bad. He's getting new decklid, wire harness, and other parts from Karshop. He should make it to Sebring. A&A has been building me a C6 427 TT for a while now. It's likely that car will be ready for Sebring. Either way I should be there with something. Was kind of a hectic day at homestead. Hopefully at Sebring I will have more time to mull around the pits. BTW, I went by a couple of vettes in other laps on the video. I don't think it was any CF guys though. I'll put up more footage later when I drop it down to SD. HD just takes up too much room to put any more than a couple min on the net.

racerwannabe, my C6 should be capable of leaving that Ford in the dust so I will be getting even next time.
That is great news on the Z06. What a beautiful and rare car.

See you at Sebring - I'll be just a passenger for that event as my Vette was stolen last week.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit

The quality seemed very very good but there was a little skipping during F430 playback - the sound was a bit skippy as wel. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Blocktrdr

Oh man, I passed right by him when he was running away from his car. I couldnt believ my eyes when I saw it. My first track fire experience and bonehead me decides not to suction-mount his camera for that session.

I DO have a 2 min video clip of me chasing a porsche. But I havent been able to host it. The porsche almost loses it in turn 7.

I'm glad your cousin was OK BTW.

Get notified of new replies

To High Definition lap in-car F430 at Homestead

Old 04-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Mark, it's your computer. If you bring up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) you can see if your maxing the processor or the memory. If it's memory, you might be able to close programs for more room. I am getting ready to put the video up of the whole session in DVD quality. It should be viewable on pretty much any computer but it still looks nearly as good as the 720P. It's 300MB So I have to set up a bigger host.

My cousin unfortunately pulled his gloves off (to remove his helmet) before trying to pat the fire with the floor mat. Result was some pretty good burns on his hand. Important lesson here is carry a fire extinguisher. If he had, the truck wouldn't have had to spray his car and he would just have had the trunk damage. The truth is that the mess from the truck more than doubled the amount of work to get the car back in shape.

Tell me about it with the camera. I don't know how, but I manged to shut the camera off instead of turning it on at pit exit for my two later sessions. This early session was the only on I got. In the later session I was running 2 seconds faster and followed the GT3 and Carrera GT for several laps. Thought I was going to get great video. Instead I got about 50 yards of pit lane. It's always something.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Blocktrdr
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
I was there. I saw the Carerra GT get pulled in late in the day. But I thought he ran out of gas because the tow truck pulled him to the pump.
He did run out of gas. Actually I forgot to fill up during the day as well. The pump was closed later and the fuel guage was flashing. I had to nurse it to the station.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

That sucks that they didn't let you guys run the banking. I have well over 2 hours of racing action in my T1 car there...screaming thru the banking at over 150! www.tracktapes.com

Quick Reply: High Definition lap in-car F430 at Homestead