Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Corvette-Any news??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:05 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Default GT3 Corvette-Any news??

Just read about the new GT3 FIA series in Europe, and the Viper Comp Coupe and a GT3 Vette were in the tests. Anybody know who is developing it??? It looks like a stock Z06 with safety upgrades and the Kerry Hitt nose and hood. They bonded/bolted the cage to the frame, but otherwise were very vague.

This website is plastered on the car, but is have hardly any info at all.

http://www.corvettemotorsport.com/

Last edited by davidfarmer; 04-24-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:11 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

few more pics

Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read in "the paddock.com" it was developed by Carsport of Holland(?)
Old 04-24-2006, 10:03 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I thought I saw in Vette magizine that Callaway had something to do with it. Not sure but I could have swarn that Callaway had something to do with it.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3 are being run by the French team "Riverside" and 3 by "Team Carsport-Callaway".

All 6 were built by Carsport.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:17 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

I spoke with Moton, and they did the shocks for it. I guess that makes sense, Moton is a Dutch company.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of the teams is looking for drivers. Anyone looking for a new job?

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=1619&Itemid=2

New Corvette Z06.R set to fight for GT3 glory
The Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3 is poised to fight for victory in the all new FIA GT3 European Championship. Six Z06.R GT3 cars have been built by Team Carsport for the 2006 season. Three will be fielded by the French Riverside team and three by Team Carsport-Callaway, which has already signed German racing legend Klaus Ludwig, who will partner Uli Martini in one car. The Carsport-Callaway team is now looking for drivers for its other two cars. “This is the perfect series for ambitious gentlemen racers looking for the ideal ambiance in which to compete: beautiful GT cars, nice circuits, professional teams, superb organisation and a great atmosphere. And with the Z06.R we can provide our drivers with a serious chance to win”, says Toine Hezemans of Team Carsport that took the Corvette C5.R to victory in the 2005 FIA GT1 Championship and will fight for the GT1 title this year with the C6.R.
“Chevrolet has been extremely successful in GT racing for years now”, Toine continued. “The Corvette is fast and reliable by nature and thus the basics for a competitive GT3 car were all there already. It’s got the DNA of a winner. We have developed the Z06.R specifically for the new GT3 series. Six cars have been built for the FIA championship plus one for the Dutch and Belgian GT series. From the first tests at Paul Ricard and Hockenheim it is clear that the Z06.R will be among the fastest cars. From what I hear our rates are highly competitive too, so the value for money that we can offer is quite exceptional. Drivers also have the option to buy the car if they wish. I am looking forward to this season, as the FIA GT3 series promises to provide a fantastic arena in which our car is set to shine.”
Anyone know if Klaus Ludwig is related to King Ludwig?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

In the Racecar engineering mag, it specifically says that the GT3 series will be limited to NON-Pro drivers, or at least not accomplished drivers. They are only allowing "wealthy privateers" in the series. Basically what World Challenge is when the factory teams buzz out every few years.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLGunman
3 are being run by the French team "Riverside" and 3 by "Team Carsport-Callaway".

All 6 were built by Carsport.
Actually, Carsport did not build these cars. Callaway is building these special Z06.R's for Carsport (Holland) and Team Riverside (France) in our Leingarten, Germany ("Callaway Competition") facility.
Here's a link to the Callaway website where I've placed some of the photos taken during vehicle prep:
http://www.callawaycars.com/callaway...6.RGT3Cars.htm
Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm a bit surprised that while the FIA requires some crazy cross-bracing of the cage, they allow a single, low mounted door bar. My cage make theirs look like a toy. Considering the aluminum frame, you would think they would want a stronger side bar.

MCV, any news on what these cars cost??
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Awesome

Get notified of new replies

To GT3 Corvette-Any news??

Quick Reply: GT3 Corvette-Any news??