Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling Ducts - Could these mount on a C5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cooling Ducts - Could these mount on a C5?

My intercoolers are in the way of air flow to my brakes. So I have been trying to rig something. At this, i'm still to try the MOBIL 1 OIL Container solution that I have seen.

But I saw this and I was wondering is this C4 Kit doable on a C5? I still have the Tubing that I could run to LG Spindle ducts. What do you guys think?

http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.3979

BTW, as another option, I was also thinking of maybe using just the ducts in the above link and then buying this spoiler and inserting them right behind or through the spoiler (using te spoiler as a connecting point to the ducts. But I will need to get more info on air going through the spoiler as its hard to tell from the pic

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 04-23-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

that's basically the set up I had on my C5, except I made it myself.

buy some real 3x5" air ducts and throw away those flimsy oil bottles.
buy some side skirt spoilers from the dealer, take your old ones and cut out a 3x5" opening. attach the real brake ducts (you may have to dremel the top & bottom flange of to make it fit the skirt) from the right/left flange of the ducts. get some 2.5" automotive tubing from NAPA. attach the tubing to the back of the brake duct and run the tubing under your shock mount (there are holes there already to zip tie the hose to) then bend 90 and run over to the rotor. mechanics wire it to the abs plug harware.

Last edited by Gary2KC5; 04-23-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Mark just get the DRM ducts and be done with it. Much easer then trying to figure if it will or will not work.

besides using the spitter also creats negative air pressure and pulls air up into the wheel well and cools the brakes too.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:08 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Mark just get the DRM ducts and be done with it. Much easer then trying to figure if it will or will not work.

besides using the spitter also creats negative air pressure and pulls air up into the wheel well and cools the brakes too.
I cant mount the DRM Ducts the way they are suppose to be mouted because the intercoolers are in the way. In addition, the turbo tubing also runs right throgh the holes of where the C5 air flows, blocking any kind of air flow through those air flow inlets

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling Ducts - Could these mount on a C5?

Quick Reply: Cooling Ducts - Could these mount on a C5?