Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Source for replacement Torque Tube Bushing???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Source for replacement Torque Tube Bushing???

Guys, My torque tube front bushing is GONE... Big pyle of "stuff" fell out of the tube when I took it appart this morning.

Where can I get a single bushing from? This was my failure at VIR...

Mike
Old 04-15-2006, 11:10 AM
gpm30236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several of the guys here have had that problem, used this coupler, prolly the ideal fix is carbon fiber drive shaft with upgraded coupler, Good luck

http://www.peachstateposse.com/forum...+tube+bushings
Old 04-15-2006, 12:05 PM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

We have been running billet aluminum driveshaft couplers for years on our race car and never had a torque tube problem. These replace the weak stock rubber parts. We offer them for sale, although not yet on our webstore. We also offer installation service for those that don't have the equipment to balance the driveshaft runout (an absolute MUST with solid couplers).

For more information please contact Rick Myers 248-848-9200 or rmyers@accuratetechnologies.com.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've already got one of those on the rear, but not on the front. I was told not to run the solid units on both ends due to vibration. My car is a street car. If this is not the case, I'd love to go that route.

Mike
Old 04-15-2006, 07:38 PM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

The fundamental problem is that the OEM driveshaft component tolerances are poor on the surfaces that bolt to the couplers. With rubber couplers this is fine since they flex a little.

If you install solid billet couplers, then the resultant runout must be balanced to prevent vibration and premature bearing failures.

If you only install one soild coupler, with no balancing, the internal driveshaft motion could be like a "twirling finger" stressing the remaining rubber coupler even more. Bad idea in my book. Maybe that is why yours failed.

As far as noise on a street car, there is a little more noise from the transmission only when in netural with the clutch up (on a manual trans). We have no experience on an auto trans. There should be no other "vibration" while running if balanced properly. Racing is always a compromise with street. We can't hear the noise over our exhaust so it doesn't matter.......

Like I said above we have been running the same torque tube with our solid couplers for 3 years without a single problem. Key is careful installation.

Get notified of new replies

To Source for replacement Torque Tube Bushing???

Quick Reply: Source for replacement Torque Tube Bushing???