Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lap at the new MSR 3.1 course

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:31 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Lap at the new MSR 3.1 course

I ran this last weekend. It was alot of fun. I didn't get any complete clean laps on the second day when I was really getting the track down.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/robgreg75@sbcglobal.net
Click on the track day folder video is inside.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:05 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That track is a blast. It was fun before, but I find the extra section really adds something. It went from a short, slightly slower very technical track to a faster highly technical track.

How did you like the blind turn over that hill?
--Yak
Old 04-14-2006, 12:07 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Originally Posted by yakisoba
That track is a blast. It was fun before, but I find the extra section really adds something. It went from a short, slightly slower very technical track to a faster highly technical track.

How did you like the blind turn over that hill?
--Yak
The blind turn over the hill was very cool, a couple people did go off there.

I agree the track is a great combination of techinical and fast. I too though the track was great before but now feel the old track was lacking that extra element.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:02 PM
mcintex
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

[QUOTE=rgregory]The blind turn over the hill was very cool, a couple people did go off there.

I can agree that that section is challenging. I was one of the "couple".
Old 04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

The only issues I had with the new section was the general lack of forgiveness. The old track was pretty darn safe. There was a lake, true, but you would have had to be doing something MAJOR wrong to get into it.

Now, there are at least two places where you could get really hurt if you run off. At least three where your oil pan would be in danger if you went over the curb the wrong way. Lowered cars take note!

Roadcourse driving, even at a DE, is a dangerous sport, don't get me wrong. I am not complaining nor dissing the track, and as I said I had a blast driving there. I am saying that it's more dangerous than before.
--Yak
Old 04-14-2006, 04:48 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

The only issues I had with the new section was the general lack of forgiveness. The old track was pretty darn safe. There was a lake, true, but you would have had to be doing something MAJOR wrong to get into it.

Now, there are at least two places where you could get really hurt if you run off. At least three where your oil pan would be in danger if you went over the curb the wrong way. Lowered cars take note!

Roadcourse driving, even at a DE, is a dangerous sport, don't get me wrong. I am not complaining nor dissing the track, and as I said I had a blast driving there. I am saying that it's more dangerous than before.
--Yak

That's what other people have told me also. FYI, a group of us is talking about signing up for the November Drivers Edge event out there. If we can get 10 to sign up together, we get 10% off.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:43 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Heh. I been trying to get the Austin club to come out to one of these, without much success. PM me with your club name and I'll help you get your 10. November is apt to be cold there though! If it's wet we'll be having some fun, fo sho. That old section is like driviing on one big tire in the wet. Slick.
--Yak
Old 04-15-2006, 12:42 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Ran the 3.1 a couple weeks ago, enjoyed it, variety.

Downloaded the vid, great audio, but no picture? Windows Media Player?
Old 04-15-2006, 01:03 PM
apexman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to here you all had a good time. Who are you all running with up there in Dallas? I am moving up there in May and hope to get to run at this track soon after getting settled in. I have solo experience down here at Sebring and Homestead and was wondering who you all run with and what kind of time you get up there?

Anyone run MSR Houston?

Derek
Old 04-15-2006, 07:36 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apexman
Glad to here you all had a good time. Who are you all running with up there in Dallas? and was wondering who you all run with and what kind of time you get up there?

Anyone run MSR Houston?

Derek
Usually with The Drivers Edge or NASA. TDE does 2 day events with 4ea 25 minutes sessions per day for $275. Nasa is about half that price and about half the track time and not as well organized.
I've never run MSR Houston.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Originally Posted by TooManyIDs
Ran the 3.1 a couple weeks ago, enjoyed it, variety.

Downloaded the vid, great audio, but no picture? Windows Media Player?

I don't know why you couldn't see it? My windows media plays it.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:47 PM
apexman
Racer

Thanks for the info. Hope to see you all at MSR in the near future.

Derek
Old 04-17-2006, 09:56 AM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mcintex

That's what other people have told me also. FYI, a group of us is talking about signing up for the November Drivers Edge event out there. If we can get 10 to sign up together, we get 10% off.
Add me. I was planning on doing it anyway, may as well get some $$ off.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:56 AM
xrcrx
Burning Brakes

Default Track Time

Been racing sportbikes for a few years now. Still do. I recently bought a C4 and would love to get some track time-TWS, MSR, or the like. Could someone post a link to whatever organizations host rack events for street cars. Thanks!

Eric
84 Z51
05 Repsol Replica
00 TLR 1000
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

I don't know if I can post non-supporting businesses here, but here goes:

http://www.thedriversedge.net

The school I run with the most. They use MSR Cresson, MSR Houston and TWS. Previous experience from a known HPDE organization will take you into the advanced groups, most likely. Rick Schwalenberg is your contact. He's a good person and runs a very organized event, in my limited experience.

--Yak
Old 04-24-2006, 06:57 PM
MitchAlsup
Le Mans Master

Received 1,592 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by apexman
Anyone run MSR Houston?
4 weeks ago--summary--Fabulous, Fast, tricky, smooth, with 3 straights that terminate with high speed sweepers and immediately after the turn in you have to shed 50 MPH! Very fun, more so that the old course at MSR Cresson.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:12 AM
RedHotBolt
Pro

I don't know if I can post non-supporting businesses here, but here goes:

http://www.thedriversedge.net

The school I run with the most. They use MSR Cresson, MSR Houston and TWS. Previous experience from a known HPDE organization will take you into the advanced groups, most likely. Rick Schwalenberg is your contact. He's a good person and runs a very organized event, in my limited experience.

--Yak
Yes Rick run a great DE. I have run with a two other groups that were not organized at all and felt uncomfortable enough that I will not run with them again.

J

Get notified of new replies

To Lap at the new MSR 3.1 course

Quick Reply: Lap at the new MSR 3.1 course