Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroquip socketless fittings

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 AM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Aeroquip socketless fittings

Has anyone ever used the socketless fittings and hose? I want to add an external oil cooler and these look easier to use and are less expensive than braided hose. Are there any disadvantages that you know of other than maybe less durable?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:21 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are very easy to build and use, I have them on almost all my lines on the race car (fuel, trans cooler, coolant). Be sure to buy the $30 tool that pushes together the fittings (straight ones) and hose, as it assembles straight fittings in two squeezes. Also buy the aluminum vise jaws, as assembling a 90 degree push on takes some muscle and a firm hold on the fitting.

Fittings are a little pricey if you need 45-90 degree ones, but all are reusable, just cut off the old hose. They are alos lighter than all the other hoses, except for the trick starlite hose.

As for durability, it's no worse than any rubber hose. The outer covering is actually very heavy duty. Mine have been on for 2 seasons now with no issues. If you had too, you can also field repair the hose with just some extra hose and a knife to cut loose the damaged one from the fitting.

Last edited by BPC5R; 03-25-2006 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Aeroquip socketless fittings