Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Guys HPDE Events - Anyone Run With Them ? - Feedback Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Car Guys HPDE Events - Anyone Run With Them ? - Feedback Please

Car Guys has two events on their calendar that I want to run this summer. Has anyone run in one of their events? Feedback please - Do they run a good event ? Quality of instructors ? Enough track time for the money ? I don't want to spend the money and travel time for a sub par weekend. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been to one of their events at VIR and remember it as being well run. We had four 30min sessions each day. Corvette T1 driver Chris Ingle was head instructor and did a very good job.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running Car Guy events for about 12 years and find them well organized. I've been instructing for them the past 6 years, and find the instructors are well schooled and serious about their responsibilities. The ephasis is on safety, education in the class room and on the track, and plenty of track time. Call Aryan at 1-800-800-GUYS or their web site at www.carguysinc.com.

Jim
Old 03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
gpm30236
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did my first car guys event at VIR last August, well run , gr8 instructor , emphasis on safe, fun event with lots of track time. Would highly recommend their event.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Bob 33
Racer

I've run in about 12-15 CG events. They are well organized, attentive of safety, provide decent track time (usually four 30 min sessions) and have better, faster instructors than many groups--like Jim 47 and Chris Ingle. Some good T-1 drivers, past and present, often instruct. Try to snag one. Hey, if you want to drive fast, you need instructors who can drive better and faster than you can. Sometimes their groupings are a bit more conservative than some organizations (i.e., lower groups may have some pretty fast drivers) and they often have a high proportion of fast students and instructors. I plan to drive their Watkins Glen event over the 4th and a couple of VIR events later in summer and fall. They may cost a bit more than some clubs, but sometimes you can get discounts on the forum. Jim, is a discount pending for WG?

Bob 33
Old 03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I've been instructing for Car Guys (among other groups) for about 10 years now and they are a great group. Since I started racing, it's hard to get to the schools now, but I still love instructing. Aryan and Cathy are very careful about choosing their instructors and many of us do both racing and schools...so you can get the best of both worlds if you choose to learn.

I'm planning on teaching at Shenandoah in November. I've never done that track before and need to keep adding to my 'TrackTapes' collection.

Hope to see you there!!!

Chris
Old 03-20-2006, 03:06 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Car Guys run very safe.. well organized Events !!!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:22 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by trumper Z06
Car Guys run very safe.. well organized Events !!!

Well run indeed!

Get notified of new replies

To Car Guys HPDE Events - Anyone Run With Them ? - Feedback Please

Quick Reply: Car Guys HPDE Events - Anyone Run With Them ? - Feedback Please