Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring -

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 10:53 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Sebring -

Lots of cool cars, but there is NOTHING like the sound of the C6R big V8 go by, even on TV
Old 03-18-2006, 11:20 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Lots of cool cars, but there is NOTHING like the sound of the C6R big V8 go by, even on TV
diesel is quite dam all those cars are beautiful.

Track is rough must be fun to run at Sebring.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Cisitalia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run a Sebring and you really don't appreciate it until you do. I plan on going back this winter with Chin Motorsports December 30-31. My family lives in Orlando and will be there for Christmas, so why not give me a gift to go to Sebring. Chin is nice, they reward you with only one student and more track time than you want. Any one else want to do this event?

Brad
Old 03-18-2006, 12:03 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
Any one else want to do this event?

Brad
Sebring, Road America and The Glen are all on the MUST RUN track list.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by John Shiels
diesel is quite dam all those cars are beautiful.

Track is rough must be fun to run at Sebring.
John: I'll be running Sebring April 15 with Chin Motorsports for the first time. I'm wondering how the C6Z will do on a rough track since it's been quirky on uneven payment in normal driving. It's the only concern I've had so far with the car.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But it's a pisser when they cut to white trash racing.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:54 PM
apexman
Racer

Sebring isn't that rough if you are on the right line for the most part. I have been there a few times in my 2000 FRC. It is really bumpy during the ALMS 12 hour for the cars whop have to get out of the way (mainly around 17) of the LM1 cars. I thought the first time i got out there it would be really rough but it is not TOO bad if your car is setup nice.

Derek
Old 03-18-2006, 08:09 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Sebring is a great track. It is much more bumpy than one might think when driven with a race car set up. The C6.R Lemans car was coming off the ground with their rear tires on the exit of turn 1. And turn 17 is also one of the bumpiest corners in America.

No problem, it is easy to tame, and great fun to drive.

and for those of you who are interested in attending my Advanced driving clinic at Sebring, it will be held at Sebring, FL - April 28.

I am not sure if the event is full for the driving school but this is a MUST attend event. For those who enter the clinic, I will take a couple of laps in your car with you, or even drive your car if you want.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks
Lou G

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 03-18-2006, 10:12 PM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

Wish we could of made it there... just wasnt possible with our Vegas trip this past week...
Old 03-19-2006, 05:34 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sefa01
John: I'll be running Sebring April 15 with Chin Motorsports for the first time. I'm wondering how the C6Z will do on a rough track since it's been quirky on uneven payment in normal driving. It's the only concern I've had so far with the car.

just ramp up slow till you know the track. Wouldn't want to break loose in a bad spot with a beautiful car. Good Louck and enjoy! Give us your impressions of the track and car.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:06 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to go off topic, but recently I have been posting on the RennSport forum, just to mess with their heads...and they are sooo pissed about Sebring. They call the Corvette tacky, and the Panoz a georgia bubba powered hickmobile. Interesting take on a car that costs over $100k on the street. They are SO ignorant over there. Unless the car has a Ferrari or Porsche badge they can't stand it, winning or not.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Not to go off topic, but recently I have been posting on the RennSport forum, just to mess with their heads...and they are sooo pissed about Sebring. They call the Corvette tacky, and the Panoz a georgia bubba powered hickmobile. Interesting take on a car that costs over $100k on the street. They are SO ignorant over there. Unless the car has a Ferrari or Porsche badge they can't stand it, winning or not.

:
Old 03-19-2006, 07:03 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

I would have gone but I was at a much more important event down at Homestead this weekend
Old 03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
I have run a Sebring and you really don't appreciate it until you do. I plan on going back this winter with Chin Motorsports December 30-31. My family lives in Orlando and will be there for Christmas, so why not give me a gift to go to Sebring. Chin is nice, they reward you with only one student and more track time than you want. Any one else want to do this event?

Brad
I've run with CHIN afew times. Ran with them today at Homestead Finally got recommended by an instructor to go solo for the time after I was turned dowm the last time I ran with CHIN

FYI, SAFE Motorsports is another Florida club that runs at Sebring, prolly even more than CHIN since CHIN is now running at so many other places. SAFE is not nearly as structured as CHIN but if all you care about is track time and you happen to be in town when CHIN is elsewhere, then try SAFE. If CHIN isnt at Sebring, SAFE usually is
Old 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
micro
Melting Slicks

The Audi R10 doesn't really excite like the R8. It is way too quiet. I liked Dyson more anyway and I really like their new Lola.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 PM
apexman
Racer

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
I would have gone but I was at a much more important event down at Homestead this weekend
I was at both! I did Homestead with Chin today until my crank pulley backed out and ended my day early.

My wife got to hold the American flag for the Corvette team at the beginning events on Sat. I got some good pics and am uploading now. Will post the link when I am done.

Derek
Old 03-19-2006, 09:13 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by apexman
I was at both! I did Homestead with Chin today until my crank pulley backed out and ended my day early.

My wife got to hold the American flag for the Corvette team at the beginning events on Sat. I got some good pics and am uploading now. Will post the link when I am done.

Derek

Were you the Black corvette that I saw getting to get loaded on the wrecker?

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring -

Old 03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
apexman
Racer

Yep. Good thing I live close it was only $96 for the tow. Need a trailer.

Derek
Old 03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by apexman
Yep. Good thing I live close it was only $96 for the tow. Need a trailer.

Derek
Thats why I pay $90 a year for AAA. Homestead is under 100 miles so I'm covered but Sebring isnt. One of the guys who lives in Coral Springs blew his diff apart at sebring. I think he had AAA tow him to west palm beach and then had his local mechanic tow him the rest of the way.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Smoove

Originally Posted by micro
The Audi R10 doesn't really excite like the R8. It is way too quiet. I liked Dyson more anyway and I really like their new Lola.

Right. All you could really hear was the car when it shifted, you could hear the thump,...then only gear box after that. Car had almost NO sound. Crazy.

In my opinion, the LG motorsports cars had the best sound out of the entire weekend. Even better then the caddy and C6R. Way cleaner.

It was cool to meet alot of people there. Can't really remember anyones names but, I do remember your cars.

Quick Reply: Sebring -