Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone heard of Motegi wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Bville-Bud
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Default Has anyone heard of Motegi wheels?

Motegi Track Wheels
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/motegi/motegi.jsp
Three race-inspired styles. Six flashy finishes. Motegi TRACK wheels look and perform like they were born on the track. Styles feature clean, aggressive lines and quality construction influenced by JDM style and Motegi's motorsports experience.

To ensure quality, Motegi TRACK wheels are subject to some of the most stringent testing in the wheel industry. Motegi engineering and testing labs are compliant to ISO9001 (QS9000) industry standards for quality. During development and production, complete x-ray, 3D computerized inspection, and laboratory testing are performed to ensure strength and finish quality.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Fricken Tirerack cant get prices.

I am real concended about thin spoke wheels and latteral force of cornering. and that "laboratory testing" ??? Who races these wheels ??
Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 PM
NewC6Toy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard of them, they are big on the import scene. Mostly for Honda/Acura. My other car is a Subaru, and they aren't so popular with that community. I haven't heard of any quality problems, but they have a reputation for being on the heavy side. I would lurk on a few Honda/Acura forums if you wanted to find out more.

Do they actually have vette sizes?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

from their site

Motegi Racing is a line of performance wheels that are available in a variety of finishes and sizes to best suit your high performance vehicle needs. All our wheels go through some of the most stringent testing in the wheel industry, so that we can insure your satisfaction with both the styling as well as the quality of the wheel.

The name Motegi was derived from the city of Japan where the Twin Ring Motegi circuit is located. We are a strong supporter of various drag racing, drifting and road racing teams, and continue to focus on producing high quality wheels. Our wheels have crashed into walls at drift events at over 80 MPH and have competed on road race courses at speeds exceeding 100 MPH, and continue to perform flawlessly. Our motorsports division is a real life extension of our already stringent engineering and R&D standards. If our wheels can withstand the rigors of motorsports testing, they are certainly safe enough for you and your family.

woopie 100 MPH
Old 03-13-2006, 11:50 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I have seen some bad motegi wheels before. Never the track versions but a few that got broken and one that was bent right out of the box. Personally I dont trust them farther than i can throw them. Which isnt very far because they are pretty heavy!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTO_X_AL
Personally I dont trust them farther than i can throw them. Which isnt very far because they are pretty heavy!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:44 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

New web special, send your computers in to our shop and we will put a speed limiter in. 100 MPH for 100 bucks and for the guys that like to drive on the edge 102 MPH for 300 bucks.

Randy
Old 03-14-2006, 12:14 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
New web special, send your computers in to our shop and we will put a speed limiter in. 100 MPH for 100 bucks and for the guys that like to drive on the edge 102 MPH for 300 bucks.

Randy
Gimmi Gimmi Gimmi

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone heard of Motegi wheels?

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard of Motegi wheels?