Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette driving school

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default Corvette driving school

was listed here many months back, but they've got several upcoming events. I plan on instructing a couple this summer. For those that prefer not to track their own car, this is a great opportunity to run in a variety of C5 & C6 street AND race cars.

btw, this group was featured in a TV show (Dream Camp) last summer. They have links to the feature in the "video" section of their site.

http://www.corvetteschool.net/
Old 03-08-2006, 03:01 PM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy Cosmo
Old 03-08-2006, 03:17 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They used to have the track schedule posted. I don't see it now, just registration for some two day school somewhere, sometime this year, something is missing......
Old 03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

go to the registration page for Roebling Rd events. I believe there are still openings for the early April event even though it says sold out. The specialize in corporate events, and thusly, the website isn't quite as user friendly as it could be.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

That is a school run/owned by Henry Gilbert. I met him last year at Roebling and he let us hang around his motorhome during the weekend. He is a prince of a fellow and was willing to help us with anything we needed during the weekend. He was there getting set up and for his school the next week.

He is a racer and also a Hollywood stunt driver. He did a lot of driving for the movie Fast and Furious and has worked on many other movies. He taught Colin Farrell and other big names how to drive. His school employees many named racers as instructors.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Looks like many of the same people who were working with Justin Bell when I attended back in 01.

IMO... they will have a good school, teaching people to drive a Corvette.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Guy Cosmo was one of my instructors when I took Justin Bell at VIR.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Guy Cosmo was one of my instructors when I took Justin Bell at VIR.
Golden Eagle: Heaven forbid we might have been on track together.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Ag-z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Falcon
That is a school run/owned by Henry Gilbert. I met him last year at Roebling and he let us hang around his motorhome during the weekend. He is a prince of a fellow and was willing to help us with anything we needed during the weekend. He was there getting set up and for his school the next week.

He is a racer and also a Hollywood stunt driver. He did a lot of driving for the movie Fast and Furious and has worked on many other movies. He taught Colin Farrell and other big names how to drive. His school employees many named racers as instructors.

Henry is a true "good guy" and helped me the 1st time I had my Z06 on track down at Sebring in Jan '05.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:35 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Henry also runs a stunt precision driving school. You know, spinning around and sliding into a parallel parking spot kind of stuff.

I'm instructing their late March event. Tell your friends to sign up for more events so that he'll need me more this summer. Since my funding never worked out for my World Challenge C6R, it would be nice to keep on track in some fashion.

After getting the flu for one event, and then getting snowed out for the next one, I've just about given up on getting back into normal HPDE's

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette driving school

Quick Reply: Corvette driving school