Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roach motels in Kershaw

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Roach motels in Kershaw

I usually stay up in Lancaster, will do so this weekend Fri and Sat, but I am doing Turn one on Fri, and plan to arrive kinda late. Anyone recommend a place in Kershaw that is bearable?

How about camden, where have you stayed?

Tim
Old 03-06-2006, 02:40 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Falcon has stayed at the Executive Inn in Kershaw.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Timz06
I usually stay up in Lancaster, will do so this weekend Fri and Sat, but I am doing Turn one on Fri, and plan to arrive kinda late. Anyone recommend a place in Kershaw that is bearable?

Tim
Tim we stayed there, Exec Inn., last time and it was OK. Hard on the car getting in as it is in a hole. But well worth staying there because it is very close to the track. Not fancy but it was clean.

We will be there Sat/Sun ... decided not to do the Friday.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

That's right, Tim, I've stayed at the Executive Inn in Kershaw. It's the only place there. Otherwise, you have to drive ~20 miles south to Camden or ~20 north to Lancaster.

The Executive Inn isn't that bad. Shllt, I slept on a diesel submarine for a couple of years, so the Exec Inn is high cotton compared to that. At least at the Exec Inn you don't have a valve handle sticking you in the back. (Was that a valve handle? I could feel this warm breath on my neck )

It's only a couple of miles to the track.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:53 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timz06

Tim

I have stayed at the Fairfield (not real cheap) and the Holiday Inn Express in Camden. They are by I-20 so it is a few miles to the track in the morning.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done the Executive. Like Falcon says- not fancy but clean and reasonable. The other probelm is lack of eating in Kershaw. We found one decent place downtown-same side of the street as the hotel and within a mile or so. Other places look like tomain temples to me but I havent tried them
Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by varkwso
I have stayed at the Fairfield (not real cheap) and the Holiday Inn Express in Camden. They are by I-20 so it is a few miles to the track in the morning.
Ask for the CMP discount at the Fairfield and HI Ex probably has the same. Camden is a quaint town with lots of places to eat!

Nothing like Kershaw
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

There are a couple of places in Kershaw to stay...but as said earlier, the problem is finding a place to eat. There's just nothing there.

The Colony Inn in Camden is nice and close to stuff too. There are plenty of places to stay there, but the drive takes a while.

This is reason #832 I'm trying to get CMP scheduled much, much later in the year...or off the schedule completely.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:32 AM
ChasNMe
Pro

tim, i have stayed at the colony inn also and thought it was pretty good
i also stayed at the fairfield which was nice, but twice the cost
colony inn for me from now on
the places in camden are only about 15 min drive away, pretty nice drive in the early am
jake
Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Also stayed at the Exec Inn. Not a Bad place, not great but not bad.

As for food in Kershaw, Subway has always worked fine for me.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Aquaman
Also stayed at the Exec Inn. Not a Bad place, not great but not bad.

As for food in Kershaw, Subway has always worked fine for me.
We ate at Gus's Pizza House on Sat nite - it was not bad....we drove to Lancaster on Friday night - had a pretty awful meal at Applebee's there....
Old 03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Cisitalia
Racer

Gus's is great. They are Greek and you should go for the Greek food. Kabobs and such. I like that restaurant. The Executive Inn is fine, especially when you think of how much time do you spend in the hotel. Not much. I like the short commute to the track. There are two good restaurants in Kershaw. So what more do you need?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:23 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
Gus's is great. They are Greek and you should go for the Greek food. Kabobs and such. I like that restaurant. The Executive Inn is fine, especially when you think of how much time do you spend in the hotel. Not much. I like the short commute to the track. There are two good restaurants in Kershaw. So what more do you need?

I had the Greek food there
Old 03-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Cisitalia
Racer

Great Jeff. Their food is pretty good.

Kershaw has a Piggly Wiggly to supply the beer as well. Also Kershaw has a "ladies of the night" motel, if anyone is so inclined to stay there. So Kershaw is a one stop shopping town, with a race track to boot.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cisitalia
So Kershaw is a one stop shopping town, with a race track to boot.
That's one the things I love about you, Brad, you're always the eternal optimist. The glass is always half full!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:02 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I have to retract my earlier comment about the Exec Inn. The ROACHES have moved out!

This place sucks now. First the ice machine is broken and the girl said it has been like that for almost a year.

Second the sheets on the bed ... as soon as you sit on it they come loose and roll up in a mess. We asked the girl to replace them and she could not find any that would stay on the bed ... worn out!

Third .... no breakfast or anything because the morning guy has the door locked and you have to wake him up .... had a hell of a time just checking out and he is in his pajamas!

Fourth .... towels are worn out so bad they will peal the hide off of you.

This place has really taken a dump since last year. We checked out early and went to Lancaster.

And on a worse note ... this was one of the very best events I have attended. Very well run and tons of track time .... except for me ... lol

First session I snapped a bracket and went for a ride. I found a guy who could weld it on a Saturday no less so I was back in business .... not. Two sessions latter the fuel pump relay went out! Rats and that was the end of me.

However, the weather was perfect and a great group of people.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:09 PM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by rbl

And on a worse note ... this was one of the very best events I have attended. Very well run and tons of track time .... except for me ... lol

First session I snapped a bracket and went for a ride. I found a guy who could weld it on a Saturday no less so I was back in business .... not. Two sessions latter the fuel pump relay went out! Rats and that was the end of me.

However, the weather was perfect and a great group of people.
Sorry to hear about the weekend for you. Were you able to get any good runs in?

Get notified of new replies

To Roach motels in Kershaw

Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rbl
Wow! That's a change from last year, Rex. Didn't you have a bunch of issues with this group last year?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:49 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Falcon
Wow! That's a change from last year, Rex. Didn't you have a bunch of issues with this group last year?

It was a kickazz event - maybe the best one I have been to at Kershaw.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really enjoyed the weekend. Instructed at turn on on Fri, had a very tail-happy student in a s2000 with a supercharger. First time ever on track, spun the first lap, first session in the carousel. Second session out, he spun in turn one coming out of the pits!

It took a lot, but I finally got him to catch on, so I hope he comes out again. SAt and sun had two students, so I was busy.

As usual, a part fell off my car and shut the camaro down on Sat. Sunday I took my silverado SS out on track...that was fun, was able to get through the kink at 95...John told me he has some video of the truck going through the kink on two wheels. Got to pass a few cobras in the truck as well, always enjoy that.

THe event ran great, and the people are top notch. Last year was slow because of the races. Race cars dumping oil on track, and setting the grass on fire.

I have run with these guys the past 4 years and look forward to next year.

Quick Reply: Roach motels in Kershaw