Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got to test Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Got to test Yesterday

After installing a new RPS transmission and putting on the Hawk Pads I had to put the car away becaus the NE weather was not cooperating.

Well yesterday the 1/4 mile track was open and I figured that would be a good place to test everything out.

The harnesses I just put in needed some adjustments - I didn't count that my racesuit was that much bigger than shorts and a t-shirt

The RPS Tranny worked great. No flaws with the shifting. My old tranny was sticking in gears.

The Hawk Brake Pads were incredible. They are loud for just regular driving, but for racing they are great. It took sometime to get use to how fast I stop now.

I am glad that I got the chance before Limerock to test everything. It is good not to be rushing around the last min. realizing something doesn't fit right or I dont have the right parts. Hopefully I can now concentrate on driving now.

Quick Reply: Got to test Yesterday