Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 season is starting for me!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:07 AM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default T1 season is starting for me!!

This Thursday morning I am starting big with a 14 hour haul to Memphis Motorsports Park for the first 2 of my 4 Regional races. After the 4 Regionals I hope to be in the National points hunt for a berth in the SCCA Runoffs in Topeka. It will be tight but I hope to start out my National race career at the April 8-9 running on Summit Point Raceway. It's going to be busy these first few weeks.

It has all happened faster than I imagined it would, running a series like T1 has been a dream of mine for a long time. There have been a few big sacrifices along the way but I now have the focus I need to make it happen so long as I can keep things moving with my "shoestring" budget. The Northeast Division looks to be a tough area for a rookie but I am going to give it my best. My wife ( and crew chief! ) has started our website and the team now has an official name, Over1G-Racing. The site is pretty bare right now but has our schedule and will grow soon enough. I am currently working with a few potential sponsors, hopefully things will pan out in the coming months.

I just want to let everyone know this is the big reason I have been somewhat of a stranger around here! As I get a little more settled and into a grove I should have a bit more time to keep in touch with everyone! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted and feel free to check out the site for updates over the next few weeks! Take care everyone.

Joe Gaudette
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Good Luck Joe

Old 03-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Go get'em, Joe!

I know you know how to get every last ounce of performance out of the car, I hope you can do the same with the budget. I'd hate to see you get outmonied for a podium finish.

Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck joe!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:27 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the season Joe. If you keep to the schedule and make it to NHIS in May I'd like to get together and see some T1 action up close.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Good luck this season. Post you results when you get them
Old 03-06-2006, 08:53 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

be sate and win
Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Best of luck, you'll have a blast
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck to you and your racing. Don't worry about running with the fastest guys out there. They will only teach you how to go faster.

Randy
Old 03-06-2006, 02:11 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

It was good to meet you at CMP Joe. Best of luck to you this year!!! Keep your nose clean at the regional stuff and just get it done. Then come on out and play with the National guys!!! We'll be waiting!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:07 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and support. The amount of moral support from everyone makes it all the more worthwhile to chase this!

Update,

I just finished the final once over on the car and it seems there is a slight issue. I have an oozing of oil from the adaptor block that houses the lines going to the oil cooler, accusump and oil temp sensor. It is Phoenix's custom block. Appears the oozing is actually coming from in between the adaptor block and engine itself so I think it's the stock seal. I don't want to mess with something and make it worse right before Memphis so I may just keep and eye on it and have a new oil temp gauge housing seal handy. It's always something!! Well, hopefully I won't be leaking enough to send smoke signals, that is not what I want in my Regionals!! I'll keep everyone posted.

Joe
Old 03-06-2006, 11:13 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Falcon
Go get'em, Joe!

I know you know how to get every last ounce of performance out of the car, I hope you can do the same with the budget. I'd hate to see you get outmonied for a podium finish.

Good Luck!

Jody,

Some of the guys as the Mazda Club last year didn't seem to like me squeezing everything out of the car. By Sunday they saw me coming and were giving me blinkers and hand signals!!! I'll do my best to keep tabs on spending, right now I am working on a decent sponsor, everything, even the small stuff, helps! Hope to see ya soon, Rhonda wants to chill in the hammock! I told her it has to be with me though, not the mayor of Big Pine Key!!

Joe
Old 03-06-2006, 11:14 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wtknght1
It was good to meet you at CMP Joe. Best of luck to you this year!!! Keep your nose clean at the regional stuff and just get it done. Then come on out and play with the National guys!!! We'll be waiting!!!
Will do Sir!!

Joe
Old 03-07-2006, 04:06 PM
ScottZ
Racer

Good luck Joe! Summit is only about an hour from my house, so if I'm free, I might come out and add to your cheering squad. I might be able to help you out in the pits too if you need any.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As with everyone else - good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by varkwso; 03-07-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ScottZ
Good luck Joe! Summit is only about an hour from my house, so if I'm free, I might come out and add to your cheering squad. I might be able to help you out in the pits too if you need any.
Scott,

Long time no see brother! Hope you and your better half are doing well! If you can make it out we would be glad to have ya around. Take care!

Joe
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Best of luck in the first of your Regionals. Will check your site for the upcoming locations and try to make one. The swaybars and shocks really made a big improvement on Mike's 99FRC. Thanks, again.

Gene
Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Good luck with the racing. Im envious. Hopefully all this hard work im doing will pay off and sometime some crazy lunatic will cut a big check for my business and ill be right there also. Until then ill live through your website!

Drive safe but drive Hard!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:39 AM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 71corv
Best of luck in the first of your Regionals. Will check your site for the upcoming locations and try to make one. The swaybars and shocks really made a big improvement on Mike's 99FRC. Thanks, again.

Gene
Awesome, i am glad you guys are happy with the parts!

We should be updating the site after this weekend with pictures and a little bit more info, Rhonda is still learning the website software. Car is all buttoned up, fresh and ready! Now I have to get rid of the butterflies!!!

Get notified of new replies

To T1 season is starting for me!!

Quick Reply: T1 season is starting for me!!