Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Airducts

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
C5ontrack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Airducts

Anyone install the DRM airducts on C6?

I have the kit, but lack of detailed instructions and mearuments ( only some photos after calling Randy) makes me a bit skeptical about whether these will fit around my track wheels/tires without rubbing a bunch.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

a lot of folks clear fine, and a lot of folks have to repair them constantly. Depends on your wheels, AND the amount of street driving you do. You are never at full lock on the track.

As I've said before, you can easily run 2" ducting between the sway bars and subframe with no rubbing, and either connec them back into the stock ducts (cutting required), or ducting them into the spoiler (also, cutting required)
Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
C5ontrack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I do 10 track days per year. May 20 - 21 will be at Sebring and its pretty hot there certainly in the 90's. That course is long and fast but can be hard on brakes..turn 17, Turn 1, haripin all need a lot of speed scrubbing. So, I really want air ducting for saftey, and longevity of my braking system.
I'm going to look into the 2" tubing idea. I was wondering if there is much air flow in the C6 'bottom feeder' system. My C5 frt ducts as you know were head on and had major air flow...the C6 can't be as much as the C5..What you think?

What I'm saying is, if I go with 2" tubing, why go back to the stock duct for maybe not too much air flow. the front dam seems to be the place and probably a lot easier install ( could tape it off for the street).

One last question on the 2" duct: obviously my 3" spindle duct will have to go too. Is there a 2" spindle duct out there or will I just wire/tie wrap down the control arm?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:56 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Airducts

Quick Reply: C6 Airducts