Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Diesel - First run?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Audi Diesel - First run?

When does the new Audio Diesel make its first run.

They keep talking about it for Lemans but I know there are some televised races before that it'll make its debut.

I'm a big believer in diesel, we're wasting our time, not to mention tons of money with all this hybrid stuff.

Looking very forward to seeing it...I heard it might run in Ohio, I might even take a drive down there to check it out.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 09:50 AM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
When does the new Audio Diesel make its first run.

They keep talking about it for Lemans but I know there are some televised races before that it'll make its debut.

I'm a big believer in diesel, we're wasting our time, not to mention tons of money with all this hybrid stuff.

Looking very forward to seeing it...I heard it might run in Ohio, I might even take a drive down there to check it out.

Thanks
Sebring--in 2 weeks
Old 03-05-2006, 10:17 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

I agree on the Volkswagen Audi Group TDI technology. I rented a 3.0L TDI Volkswagen Phaeton in Germany last year. It has 332 lb/ft of torque and moves the nearly 5,000 lb car 0-60 in 8.8 seconds with a top speed of 145 MPH. The best part is that I got over 25 MPG cruising at 160 KPH (100 MPH) on the Autobahn. It is rated 36.7 MPG at 100 KPH (62 MPH).

The new Audi Diesel R10 is supposed to run at Sebring on March 18.

2006 Sebring Mobil 1 12 Hour Entry List

Click Here for More on the R10
Old 03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi announced that the R10 will run the second half of the ALMS schedule after Le Mans:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/22270/
Old 03-05-2006, 06:09 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

GM screwed us all.

I get to drive alot of Euro diesels over here in the US because of where I work.

The 3 liter diesel in the 300 is a fantastic combo. Quiet, great torque, high mileage...We have a 3 liter Toureg at work and will try to snag it for a day.

Mercedes puts the same 3 liter in the new ML over there with the 7 speed, with the new trans there is ZERO lag and it just steps off the line.

You try to explain that to people over here and they don't get it. I took a buddy for a ride in a V6 300 Diesel and he thought it was a V8, had no idea it was a diesel either.

Thanks for the info, I'll be watching.

Get notified of new replies

To Audi Diesel - First run?

Quick Reply: Audi Diesel - First run?