Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Road Racing For '06

Old 03-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Open Road Racer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Road Racing For '06

MKM Racing Announces 2006 Open Road Racing Schedule

MKM Racing, long time promoter of Nevada open road racing (and heir to Indy legend Roger Ward’s program) has announced their schedule for 2006. The first event is set for Wendover, Utah on July 14th -16th, then it’s on to Battle Mountain, NV on August 25th – 27th. The dates for a third event at Elko, NV will be announced shortly.

Open Road Racing has evolved from the “Cannonball Run” days to being a legitimate sport; run like a rally in that the winner in each class is the one who’s average speed is closest to the speed category they selected. Classes range from 85 mph to 170 mph and the speed you select determines the amount of safety equipment required; i.e. a 90 mph class competitor needs no more than a racing quality helmet; at 170 mph a full roll cage and fuel cell is required.

This is a family sport; most competitors drive their cars to each event and participate in the parties and fun events that fill the weekend; culminating in that high speed blast down 100 miles or more of highway and victory banquet / dinner afterward. All MKM open road racing events are approved by the Nevada Department of Transportation and are conducted on closed highways under the strictest supervision

Virtually any model Corvette can compete; past years have had a ‘56 dominating the 90 mph class, a ‘73 winning at 120 mph, numerous C-4’s, C-5’s and C-6's winning in many categories and, for ’06, a number of new ZO-6’s are expected

And, there are substantial discounts for both first time competitors and those returning after a more than one year absence; $50 off in touring classes; $100 off in higher speed classes (note you can’t run a class over 130 mph without previous experience) so if you’ve always wanted to find out what driving on the autobahn at 120 mph was like, visit
the MKM Racing website, and sign up.

You’ve never had so much fun !!

MKM Racing
702 – 614 – 6108
www.openroadracing.com
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I've been aware of this for some time. But it's a long way from NJ. If I was within 1,000 miles, I'd be there.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:15 PM
ZO6Pilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by sefa01
I've been aware of this for some time. But it's a long way from NJ. If I was within 1,000 miles, I'd be there.
Agreed. We really need something like this on the east coast, though I can't imagine where that would be.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

How bout Tennessee. Nashville to Johnson City.

Ooops... I might have to slooow down !

Get notified of new replies

To Open Road Racing For '06

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Open Road Racing For '06