Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steel Braided Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 01:46 PM
C5ontrack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steel Braided Brake Lines

I’m starting to change the brake lines to the Goodridge braided… BUT the stock C6 Z51 lines look massive and was wondering if its worth the trouble??? Warranty issue possible too?

What do you think ?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 PM
JonLT4CE
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In general, braided lines will give a firmer pedal feel but if those lines are beefy, you may not get a benefit from braided lines.

The only problem with a braided line is you can't ever tell the condition of the hose inside the steel. They can rot and crack but you won't see it. I use them but it's mostly on the track.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my opinion, if stock is rubber, no matter how stout it is, when you get super hot brake fluid in it it won't hold up as well as braided line. I don't think warranty will be an issue. the potential issue, at least with c5's, is that the lines may interfere with the tire pressure sensors.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM
90pololt4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made the change on a couple of cars and it was well worth it. As stated "you'll get a firmer brake pedal." And this is consistant as you use them lap after lap. The rubber hose gets hot=soft and the brake pedal does not give the feedback as needed. No regrets here.

Get notified of new replies

To Steel Braided Brake Lines

Quick Reply: Steel Braided Brake Lines