Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More camber

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:40 AM
LT70ZR91
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More camber

I have an 86 and am looking to increase the negative camber. The car has almost no shims and I am not allowed to machine the black spacers.

I had heard that I could possibly use later model control arms but have not been able to find anything about this using "search".

If this is true what combination is needed? Do I need the later model spindles too?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm assuming that you are in a street prepared class and not stock.

The usual way of fixing that in street prepared is with offset bushings in the lower control arms.... Swapping in later model control arms would make the geometry a mess as would putting in the spindle and lower control arms from a late C4 and using the upper control arms from an early one...

Just get a set of offset lower control arm bushings and go with that.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:25 PM
LT70ZR91
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast
I'm assuming that you are in a street prepared class and not stock.

The usual way of fixing that in street prepared is with offset bushings in the lower control arms.... Swapping in later model control arms would make the geometry a mess as would putting in the spindle and lower control arms from a late C4 and using the upper control arms from an early one...

Just get a set of offset lower control arm bushings and go with that.
Thanks, this would definately be a good way to do this but unfortuntely I am limited to using GM parts.

I was told that there was a post some time ago on hear about intermingling different year C4 front suspension parts to accomplish more negative camber.

Get notified of new replies

To More camber

Quick Reply: More camber