Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Driving School @ Michigan International Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Performance Driving School @ Michigan International Speedway

A friend of mine is the owner of Track Time Driving Schools. He has informed me that he is putting on a "Performance School" around the high speed road course at MIS. The NCCC convention attended this venue in 94'. The course has since undergone some updating and enhancements. The course is challenging but it is also a blast to drive on. The road course incorporates approx half of the oval. You will exit the road course and enter into turn 3 accelerate through turn 4 and travel approx 3/4 of the front stretch before re-entering the road course. This is considered to be the old "IMSA" course. This event is open to cars of all makes and models so long as they pass the tech inspection. The sessions will be broke into beginner,Intermediate,Advanced groups . Your sessions will be split up to allow for any repairs or adjustments you should need. From the last school of his I worked at seat time is plentiful. Expert instructers will help you progress as well. From past schools i always saw quite a few vettes attend and i would like nothing better than to see a bunch more. I will be attending and if any of you wish to attend please mention that you are a NCCC member or SCCA member. If you fall under neither of those titles just mention that Alan Johnson(myself) posted on the Corvette forum and you will recieve a discount. Track Time is a reputable school that has been around for some time. I hope that many of you join me and i will post pricing soon. Until then keep the wheels rollin'!!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

the phone # is 1-866-2-drive or 517-467-2700 or you can e-mail @2drive1@tracktime.com

Hope to see you all there!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:26 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

I heard some talk today of possible Forumla 3 cars running as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to drive MIS awhile back, doing half the oval is fun. But I doubt I'll go back, the transitions off and back on to the oval are steep and destroy suspensions.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:35 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

They used to be rough. THis is still a drivers school so the transitions will be coned to where it will be smooth on/off the oval. Acouple years back i drove a car with a body kit that was very low to the ground and i never so much as scuffed it. The tracek has also be re-surfced and smoothed since then as well so the transitions arent nearly what they used to be.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Driving School @ Michigan International Speedway

Quick Reply: Performance Driving School @ Michigan International Speedway