Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake control module with aftermarket brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:14 PM
zuluman13
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake control module with aftermarket brakes

I am either going to go with stoptech or apracing brakes and i wanted to know if needed to keep the brake control module? What exactly does it do? The reason I am asking is because i want as little useless crap in the car as possible.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The EBCM/BPMV controls ABS, AH, and TC. I'm guessing that there is a way to turn those systems off so you don't get a warning light, but I'm not sure. Personally I wouldn't give up ABS unless I had to.

Speaking of which, I'm looking for an EBCM, so if you're going to be doing this soon, let me know.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I have a DRM C5 Master cylinder for sale- if you need one
Old 02-28-2006, 01:58 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

There are some pretty good descriptions of how that crap works in the Service Manual. Also some very well written SAE papers available from SAE. Since you really do not know what you are messing with I would suggest you leave it alone. A C5/6 is not a clunky 60s era vehicle.
Bill
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

All the boxes and lines do have a role in these cars. There is more trick stuff then what I can rember. Rule of thumb, either leave everything alone or take out everything. IF you start taking out one thing here and one thing there. You will have a huge nightmare. The car will go into backup mode, or lock up brakes or something stupid. When you go to aftermarket brakes, everything should work just fine.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Brake control module with aftermarket brakes

Quick Reply: Brake control module with aftermarket brakes