Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What does everyone dry their C6's with?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Buster1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LKicklight
UNDER NOT CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU USE A COTTON TOWEL...THEY WERE MADE FOR YOUR BODY..NOT YOUR CARS..ALWAYS USE A HIGH GRADE MICRO FIBER TOWEL ALONG WITH A SHOT OR TWO OF SPRAY HIGH-LIGHTER FROM RACE GLAZE.....THIS WAY, YOU WILL NOT WONDER SIX MONTHS FROM NOW, WHERE DID ALL THAT HAZE COME FROM IN YOUR PAINT...
KICKBACK
C6
WHITE/RED INT.
What are you talking about...I use nothing but 100% pure American fluffy white towels with no polyester in them and the bindings trimmed off. Need I mention that I wash them in a seperate cycle, extra rinse and liquid detergent only. I then dry them 3/4 of the way, pull them out and air dry them the rest to avoid static. I may be a bit of a towel nut, but you know what, it friggin works like a champ. No haze, no probs, no way would I use anything else.

If you're going to throw down (in all caps I might add ), post some reason behind your claim. I'll be sure to tell it to the auto detailers and Mr Zaino who all swear by 100 pure cotton.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 PM
AA2PR
Drifting

Default No Cotton You Say ?

CHECK THE ZANO SITE

Tricks and tips section
"100 % cotton towels are preferred "
Need i say more?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
422 NES
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car drying

I personally refuse to dry my car with anything but the same towels I use to dry my own body with!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Brett Hunter
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give it a very quick once over with the leaf blower and then finish up with a microfiber towel. I was skeptical of the microfiber towels for drying the car but having used them I can not go back to anything else.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 PM
jackcasa
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bdc6
Hey Mag...I been using this for ten years on all my cars...its the amazing...and best of all the older and broken in it get the better it absorbs... "The Absorber" you wont regret it! here's the link...let me know how you like it.... http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.m...y_Code=VTOTHER
"The Absorber" is hard to beat.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:46 PM
txdriver
Advanced

Mr. Clean for me. It's worked like an absolute champ for me and I've impressed quite a few people when I tell them that I didn't dry the car and they can't find any water spots.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
gkvetteuno
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Karfever
Leaf blower and a cotton towel!

Me too. Older worn cotton towels seem softer. Blower for nooks and crannies.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:04 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Just an added piece of info for everyone. The water here in San Antonio is really hard, 17 - 18 DH. Most folks have a water softener system in their homes just to prevent lime build-up in the pipes and water heater, not to mention better for washing, cooking, showering, etc. The units remove all the calcium and magnesium and add a trace of sodium in their place.

I use softened water to wash our cars, and it makes a dramatic difference. The soap washes off much more easily, and most importantly, it leaves NO spots. It makes drying the car a breeze. If the water is hard where you live, a softening system will really help...
Old 01-13-2005, 09:31 AM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by 7 OUT
That is kind of the nature of forums. Good thing each thread has a title, subjects that have been beaten to death can easily be skipped over.

Dana

Old 01-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Robnrog
Advanced

First I wash with the GM car wash concentrate. The water just about runs off by itself. I begin drying with the california water blade and follow with the absorber. A perfect finish every time!!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:57 PM
vette05
Burning Brakes

"absorber"
Old 01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Oilpatch
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JFTaylor
I was using a Cal Water Blade until Tracy told me about long term ill effects. Leaf blower and Micro-Fiber Towels.
What's wrong with the water blade? I just bought one based on forum member's suggestions.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:21 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by 7 OUT
I use a chamois to dry then follow with detail spray and microfiber towel.

Dana
Me too!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:24 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by lottavettes
It's called a 'shammy' but it's spelled chamois. A magical invention by God for drying a car. First swipe takes down all the beads of water, wring out and the next swipe leaves it dry as a bone. I've brought mine through 4 moves. I wouldn't use anything else.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:46 PM
SHOOTER 49
Melting Slicks

Since it has been doing nothing but raining since late November when I got it---it has been a spray wash and 80/90 mph wind dry. Towells on the glass but never on the paint after a spray wash.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Red99Hardtop
Instructor

Craftsman air compressor with an inline moisture trap and three "Absorbers" for differant areas of the car after I blow all the water off of, and out of, all the nooks and crannys. Finish up with Micro fibre.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:39 PM
mikeyc6
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
Are we gonna shoot the next guy that asks the same question because he didn't want to use the search button?

We keep asking the same questions week after week...let's ask some new ones!!!
Your question would be much more relevant if the search tool here actually WORKED. When someone asks something that I know I've answered, I still have to resort to a page by page process of using Ctrl-F to let the browser search subject titles on each page. The search tool is still so inept that it can't even reliably find words like "recall" that are in the subject line of many posts. Whenever I really need to search something, I end up having to go over to digitalcorvettes to do the search.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To What does everyone dry their C6's with?

Old 01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyc6
Your question would be much more relevant if the search tool here actually WORKED. When someone asks something that I know I've answered, I still have to resort to a page by page process of using Ctrl-F to let the browser search subject titles on each page. The search tool is still so inept that it can't even reliably find words like "recall" that are in the subject line of many posts. Whenever I really need to search something, I end up having to go over to digitalcorvettes to do the search.

Mike

I always search before I ask a question but I know that there are many more posts related to my subject than the search reveals.

Also I would like to point out that to try to mandate that only new original undiscussed ideas be allowed to be new threads is ridiculous. Any question any one of us asks is a question that usually has been asked before somewhere.

The point of a General Discussion Forum should be to dicuss a wide variety of thoughts and concepts, stupid questions and just about anything you can think of, in our case it is Corvettes by generation.

I see plenty of threads I never even open because they are of no interest to me at the time. They are probably of great interest to many others at that same point in time,so I guess it's a good thing I'm not the judge.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:36 PM
whompus
Racer

i Just hold my dog next to the car and repeatidly throw black pepper in his face. after about the 300th sneeze the car is usually dry.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 AM
00BlackConv
Intermediate

Default MF Towel?

Anyone have a link to where the best MF towel is? Or should I just hit the local Napa or Autozone?

Quick Reply: What does everyone dry their C6's with?