Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Klasse All-In-One, High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and Souveran application question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Klasse All-In-One, High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and Souveran application question

I ordered a kit that includes the following 3 products: Klasse All-In-One, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

Previous products I have used on my 50th AE vette have been 15+ coats of Zaino Z5/Z2. Earlier this year I switched to NXT. I'm happy with the results of NXT (better shine than Zaino - gold flakes in my AE paint really sparkle and overall the paint looks deeper) but am looking to apply something different that will last thru the winter months in NJ as I won't be able to wash/polish that frequently. So I got the Klasse/Souveran kit. Besides, its fun to try out different stuff.

Anyway, the questions I have. After I wash (using Z7 soap), clay, and wash (Z7) again, I plan to:
1. Apply Klasse All-In-One. How long do I leave it on before I remove it. Do I need to put on a second coat before I put on the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. If so, how long do I wait before applying the second coat of Klass All In One.
2. After the All In One application, I plan to put on the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Do I need to let the All In One cure for some time before I apply the Sealant Glaze. How long do I leave the Glaze on before I remove it. Do I need a second coat of the Glaze. If so, how long to wait between applications of Glaze.
3. Apply Souveran paste wax as final coat. How long do I need to wait to let the Glaze cure before applying Souveran.

I will be applying and removing all products by hand.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:57 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

1. AIO is a wipe on/wipe off type product. Due to its strong cleaning ability, it doesn't really allow 2 coats. It will remove itself. It also needs no time to cure.

2. Here is one method for applying SG. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=30989

3. Wait 24 hrs. between coats of SG and carnauba.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZaneO
1. AIO is a wipe on/wipe off type product. Due to its strong cleaning ability, it doesn't really allow 2 coats. It will remove itself. It also needs no time to cure.

2. Here is one method for applying SG. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=30989

3. Wait 24 hrs. between coats of SG and carnauba.
Thanks for the link to the autopia thread. Good reading, although I read only the first couple of pages. Can I or should I use Z6 instead of tap water to dampen my applicator prior to using the Sealant Glaze. Also, it recommends using a terry towel. Can I substitute a foam pad or microfiber towel instead?
Old 10-14-2004, 01:04 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

It recommends tap water and terry cloth applicator. Are you talking about applying or removing?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

It recommends tap water and terry cloth applicator. Are you talking about applying or removing?
OK, I will go with the tap water to dampen the applicator. I was asking whether I can use a damp foam pad or microfiber towel to apply SG instead of the recommended terry towel.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:11 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

It is recommended to use a terry cloth applicator, not a terry cloth towel for application. "Take a terry covered foam applicator and spray it with water."

I am unsure of the effects of foam or MF on the application process.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

It is recommended to use a terry cloth applicator, not a terry cloth towel for application. "Take a terry covered foam applicator and spray it with water."

I am unsure of the effects of foam or MF on the application process.
In addition to the Klasse and Souveran products, the kit I purchased from autogeek includes the following applicators:
a. 2 Microfiber Detailing Cloths Please note: The detailing microfiber towel has been upgraded to a more dense, thicker, and softer fabric
b. 1 Microfiber Applicator Pads Please note: The detailing microfiber pad has been upgraded to a more dense, thicker, and softer fabric.
c. 1 Polyfoam Applicator Pads

They don't list a terry covered foam applicator. Shouldn't autogeek have included the correct applicator in their kit to apply the Klasse Sealant Glaze? If I cannot use the applicators they have included, where can I find a good terry covered foam applicator. Does a place like Advance Auto parts carry good quality detailing stuff. I'd hate to order this separately on-line and pay extra shipping for something that probably sells for $1.50 and should have been included in the $100 kit to begin with.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:31 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Other applicators can be used and are included in the kit.

The link I gave you was to an individual's method of application that makes everything work a little easier.

You can pick up Viking terry cloth applicators at most any parts store for minimal cost.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Thanks for all the help Zane . Will look for the Viking terry covered foam applicators as I want this process to go as easy as possible.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

No problem. Just remember, THIN coats.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:36 PM
ZL1Vette
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You need 2 different applicators for the 2 Klasse products; Autopia recomends the hand-applicator for AIO (scrubbing power) and the blue MF applicator for SG.

ZaneO nailed it: AIO is wipe-on, wipe-off (sounds like "The Karate Kid" ) SG can be applied soon after, but any subsequent layers of SG should wait 24 hours for proper bonding.

Get notified of new replies

To Klasse All-In-One, High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and Souveran application question

Quick Reply: Klasse All-In-One, High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and Souveran application question