Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

NXT vs. Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Z-Dreaming
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT vs. Zaino

Most detailing guys here have sworn by Zaino despite the cost and difficulty in getting it. However, it seems as if there is a growing group of NXT converts, and I'm wondering how many of them are former Zaino users?

If a Zaino user switches over to NXT is it because it is better, or because it is close, but much cheaper and more convenient? So please vote in the poll, and explain your reasons if you have made a switch.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Z-Dreaming
Racer

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (Z-Dreaming)

I should have closed the poll because we now have 3 people who voted for a category, and I can't tell if they have indeed tried NXT, or are just saying that they are burnt out on trying new products, and have not tried NXT as a result
Old 04-25-2004, 11:25 PM
DocToss
Pro

I am a zaino user on my 92 white vette. I tried the nxt on my new to me 2000 silver vert. It was OK, but I am planning on going back to zaino the next time. However it has been two months and I am still waiting for the nxt to wear off. It still beads up and looks good. The nxt seems like good stuff. I think I will still use zaino the next time, but the nxt is still hanging on. I don't think you will go wrong with either.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:24 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

For about $15 why not give NXT a try. I did and I have no need to make my life more difficult. The fact that I think it looks better is a bonus. But the ability to buy locally and for less that $15 (I get a 10% military discount from Auto Zone) makes it a no brainer.

Tom
Old 04-26-2004, 08:35 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (AFVETTE)

I'm staying with Zaino because I'm happy with it's results.
Don't understand all the so hard to use posts.
Also the it's so hard to buy posts.
When I order I don't have to order again for at least two years.

I'm also staying with Zaino as it's abrasive free and can be layered.
I've read here NXT has fine abrasives.
Layering cannot be done with a product that has abrasives.
Light or not.

Klasse.Blackfire,Liquid Glass,Pinnacle,Wolgang etc ...whatever the flavor of the month is...
It's all about using what makes you happy.
Zaino does it for me and like in the past many will go back to Zaino.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (AFVETTE)

For about $15 why not give NXT a try. I did and I have no need to make my life more difficult. The fact that I think it looks better is a bonus. But the ability to buy locally and for less that $15 (I get a 10% military discount from Auto Zone) makes it a no brainer.
Tom
Never used Zaino, but the instructions turned me off--NXT:: put it on & wipe it off.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default NXT vs. Zaino

Zaino combined with ZFX/Z2/Z5 can be equally easy to apply and remove. The ZFX is an accelerant to assist the drying time of the polish despite temperature/humidity conditions.

It's nice that NXT seems to dry at a rapid rate and comes off easily.

Both products can be simple to use when applied correctly.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (Jay 383)

I guess one of the biggest questions is NXT's longevity compared to Zaino. There are those who love the look of wax better than Zaino, but prefer Zaino's staying power being a quality synthetic. If NXT is as good or better in the looks department (I didn't vote because I've not used it yet), it would still need to last a long time like Zaino to put it on top of the hill.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:07 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (Z Factor)

I guess one of the biggest questions is NXT's longevity compared to Zaino. There are those who love the look of wax better than Zaino, but prefer Zaino's staying power being a quality synthetic. If NXT is as good or better in the looks department (I didn't vote because I've not used it yet), it would still need to last a long time like Zaino to put it on top of the hill.
Z Factor, I am finding that NXT and WG only last as long as most carnuba's which is half as long as Zaino. If it gave me a better shine that wouldn't be an issue since I do my vettes often but that proved not to be true as well. I like the Z look better especially on black.

[Modified by agentf1, 9:08 AM 4/28/2004]
Old 04-28-2004, 10:28 AM
DocToss
Pro

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (agentf1)

I used nxt on feb 21, and it was ok. I am planning on going back to zaino, but I am impressed that the nxt is still beading up after 2 months.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:59 AM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (69er)

Klasse.Blackfire,Liquid Glass,Pinnacle,Wolgang etc ...whatever the flavor of the month is...
It's all about using what makes you happy.
Zaino does it for me and like in the past many will go back to Zaino.

I'll never go back I tell ya....never!!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:02 PM
all4fun
Instructor

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (gq82)

Using the Wolfgang line now and loving it, everyone has their own favorite. Currently mine is Wolfgang and Pinnacle
Old 05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Beer:30
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (Z Factor)

Old 05-09-2004, 07:37 PM
MikeNMaxZO6
Le Mans Master

I finally got a chance to try the new NXT. Not impressed at all. It does have a nice shine but no depth at all next to Autoglym. Autoglym has been my choice so far!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:05 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (MikeNMaxZO6)

I finally got a chance to try the new NXT. Not impressed at all. It does have a nice shine but no depth at all next to Autoglym. Autoglym has been my choice so far!
Never tried Autoglym but it does not compare to Zaino either. What is Autoglym? Wax, glaze or synthetic?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:53 PM
rwd
Burning Brakes

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (Wayne88)

Never used Zaino, but the instructions turned me off--NXT:: put it on & wipe it off.

You can do the same thing with Zaino. I can't talk about the old formula, but in my experience the current formula dries as quickly as other waxes. ZFX isn't necessary. Just put it on thin.

Most of the Zaino instructions are generic and apply to standard detailing procedures intended to optimize results regardless of the manufacturer or products chosen.

Making that more obvious might stop Zaino from scaring off potential customers, and that seems to be a common reaction to the instructions.

IMO, FWIW, etc.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:57 PM
DocToss
Pro

Why do you say it is dificult to get? Easy on line ordering.

Get notified of new replies

To NXT vs. Zaino

Old 05-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: NXT vs. Zaino (agentf1)

Never tried Autoglym but it does not compare to Zaino either. What is Autoglym? Wax, glaze or synthetic?
http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html you'll find better results from a similar product known as Klasse AIO / Klasse Sealant.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:45 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default NXT vs. Zaino

LOL I feel like a tool, I work for an auto parts company. My boss was showing me what He likes to use on his car(Gliptone) there's NXT right next to it. I asked him when He started selling that, and he said he received it early last month! To think all I had to do was look at where I worked :bb :bb :bb
Old 05-19-2004, 06:25 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I was about to try my Zaino starter kit when chat here got me to try NXT.

Of course I clayed my 35th before applying it but was so impressed that I'm going with it.

It's been on over a month and even after trips in driving rain and spray dirt just doesn't stick to the surface. My only upkeep these days it to dust it and do a wipe with Eagle 1 Spray & Wax; the buffing towel hardly even gets dirty till I get to those damn white wheels .

Quick Reply: NXT vs. Zaino