Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino vs McGuires

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:31 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Default Zaino vs McGuires

I am new to C5's and just started hearing about Zaino wax. Is it really that great? Where can I get it and what should I get? I just read an article in Corvette Feaver about a guy with a Pewter 01 like mine and he raved about how it brought out the metalic. Can this wax be that good? Can anyone clue me in ?
Thanks,
Larry :auto:
Old 03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
pk2401
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 102 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Zaino vs McGuires (Larry Woods)

Well Zaino is not a wax, it's more of a polish. You can get it from zainobros.com. It really is that good. After the three recommended coats you the color really comes out nice, deep, and wet looking. It is a bit time consuming though.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Go to your local auto parts store and try some Meguiars NXT. Goes on easy, and shines and protects like nothing else on the market. :seeya
Old 03-16-2004, 08:39 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: Zaino vs McGuires (NDMIKE88)

:D And the great Zaino vs. NXT debate continues. Just try both and see which one YOU like the best. :thumbs:

[Modified by 98BlackMagic, 7:39 PM 3/16/2004]
Old 03-16-2004, 09:05 PM
SUPERCRUZ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Meguiars products for years and order from them direct on a regular basis. Their products are top notch in my opinion. I had no experience with Zaino until I got my Vette and I must say the stuff is amazing. A bit labor intensive in terms of prep and the number of coats to put on and take off but worth the effort. That said, I just tried the new Meguars NXT on my wife's emerald green Accord over the weekend. The car is 5 years old and the NXT did an amazing job. The shine is awesome and it even helped hide most of the small scratches that develop in older clear coats. I was impressed. With Zaino, you would have to use two products to get this result (Z5 followed by Z2)

My recommendation is to try them both. NXT is a bit less labor intensive to apply and less expensive. I am sticking with Zaino on my Vette for now but may switch at some point in the future. I want to see how long NXT holds up to the elements. Zaino has alreay proven its durability on my Vette. Either product is an excellent choice.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:18 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've never used any of the Zaino products myself - but from everything I;ve read here - it's a great product line. It is a little harder to get - usually ordered online, unless you happen to live near a vendor like West coast Corvettes, Ecklers, Xtreme, etc. that carries their products.

Meguiars is available at Pep Boys, Autozone, Wal-Mart, Target etc. It's also less expensive because it is a one bottle product.

Being a loyal Meguiars users for over 25 years, I'm a little biased (really I'm a lot biased! :D ) - but as the guys ahead of me suggested try both and figure out which one you like.

There are a number of other high quality products like Pinnacle - but again, try them out and you decide! I don't think you can make a bad choice if you follow the application directions - good luck! :cheers:
Old 03-16-2004, 10:00 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Zaino IMO. http://www.zainostore.com

Check out Yo-El's pewter coupe:

Old 03-17-2004, 09:19 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: Zaino vs McGuires (DsC5)

I was a sceptic until I tried it. The difference is not marginal, it is night and day. You have to try it to believe it. And don't buy all the BS about all the work, it is easier than anything I have ever used, the prep work is extensive but that should be done no matter what you use. You start with trash you end with trash. The only added step is adding a few drops of ZFX in a bottle and shaking, maybe 60 seconds longer than wax. I should probably also mention I am in no way affiliated with Zaino and really could care less what you use but know how sceptical I was and how long I waited before I tried it and was in disbelief when I did. Just make sure you wear your :cool: when done. :cheers:
Old 03-17-2004, 10:26 AM
all4fun
Instructor

Default Re: Zaino vs McGuires (agentf1)

I have used the NXT recently, not as impressed with it as I was with the Wolfgang line that just came out. Have you guys tried that in comparision to the NXT and Zaino? http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com :reddevil
Old 03-17-2004, 10:29 AM
VETTEHEAD68
Advanced

Default Re: Zaino vs McGuires (all4fun)

I have used the NXT recently, not as impressed with it as I was with the Wolfgang line that just came out. Have you guys tried that in comparision to the NXT and Zaino? http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com :reddevil
:withstupid: :withstupid:
I agree Wolfgang looks great on my car not to mention how easy it was to apply and remove. :thumbs:
Old 03-17-2004, 03:01 PM
ROADAPPLE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUICK! LOOK AWAY! LOOK AWAY!

Dont's look the monster directly in the eyes. If you do you'll become a ZAINO ZOMBIE and be cursed to chanting unsubstanciated rhetoric as you spend the remaininder of your life in the burning Hell fires of doom.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino vs McGuires

Quick Reply: Zaino vs McGuires