Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waxing MY Coupe for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 06:10 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Default Waxing MY Coupe for the first time

This weekend I will be waxing my MY Coupe for the first time. Do any of the other MY owners have any tips for me?? I know that Zaino is one of the most recommended, but are there any other favorites? Thanks!! :seeya
Old 03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Silver2002
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Waxing MY Coupe for the first time (yelloyello)

I personally use and highly recommend Zaino, but I knowothers have had good luck with Pinnicle and seem to like the new Wolfgang line of products. Regarless of what you choose follow the directions because proper techniques make or break detail jobs.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Waxing MY Coupe for the first time (Silver2002)

My friend Mario has a MY Vert (Supercharged Beast) and he loves Klasse AIO and a Pinnacle Soveran or P21S topper. Carnuba gives the depth, while Klasse AIO is a cleaner and sealant all in one.

Use http://www.autogeek.net and couponcode "corvetteforum" to save additiional 10% off.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:54 AM
C5MILLYELL02
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Waxing MY Coupe for the first time (yelloyello)

I've been a fan of Zaino. However, when I first got my car, I tried the Zymol C5 Fantasy wax. It's expensive around $65. In fact the pic, in my sig, is from using Zymol. I then tried Zaino, after reading all the posts here, and liked the layering qualities, since you don't get wax build up. And since I like to apply a quote at least once a month it works for me. I know it doesn't need it that often, but detailing is like stress therapy to me. There is nothing like the way a car looks after a complete detail.

Enjoy...and whatever you use, just make sure you do the proper surface preparation, b/c you don't want to seal in crud under your protection. Check out some posts on claying. It makes a world of difference. Just make sure you read the instruction carefully, and provide plenty of lubrication. Let the clay do all the work, don't apply any pressure.

Good luck :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Waxing MY Coupe for the first time

Quick Reply: Waxing MY Coupe for the first time