Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:15 PM
GShyneDM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK?

Tried to contact him for zaino... :confused:
Old 02-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK? (GShyneDM)

He got out of the biz, late last summer.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:32 AM
GShyneDM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK? (Grzldvt)

He got out of the biz, late last summer.
hrmm.. sorry to hear that. Any reason why? :confused:
Old 02-23-2004, 03:34 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

Default Re: What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK? (GShyneDM)

i got an email from him many months back, i think to the effect of zaino was cutting down on the # of distributors and he was forced to get out of it. i think that's too bad. in fact, i think that is terrible. bill was my man for the zaino, i had been ordering from him for about 3 years or so!!! i usually ordered much more than i ever really needed just because i enjoyed conversing with him and appreciated how much he believed in the product. he took the time to walk me through the process, and i'd seen his gorgeous black c5 coupe--it even had a zaino license plate! if there's more to it than that which i'm not aware of, from either a personal or corporate strategy perspective, then so be it. i'm just telling you what i heard.

zaino's great and still the best stuff out there that i've tried so far, but having a local distributor, especially one you have come to know and respect and trust, was the thing that brought me into the zaino cult. now i'm less inclined to purchase it, and will in fact try out meguiar's nxt product when i run out of zaino since i can get the meguair's less than 5 min. away at the local pep boys (or anywhere for that matter). it's a lot easier than buying a small amount of zaino (which is all i really need) and having to pay the fixed expense of $8 flat rate for shipping, which is ridiculous if you only need 1 or 2 things.

zaino should have stuck with what got them to their success in the first place: local distributors who were fanatical about the product, helped people with using it properly, and helped expand word of mouth. unless zaino plans to go retail, how are people going to get to know about it??? to use it? do they plan on having customer service reps available all the time to explain the art of using the clay bar? that website has so much verbiage on how to use the product it's ridiculous--it's like reading an essay. i'd rather pick up the phone and talk to a person, i.e., my local rep. big big mistake on the part of zaino to eliminate the local rep, in my opinion.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:07 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Default Re: What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK? (SLO VETTE)

The Zaino factory has cut out some smaller distributors over the past few years because they did not meet the minimun purchase requirements of the factory, and for many Zaino distributors that sell Zaino part time things in their jobs or life change, and they can not spend the time or just do not have the time to sell Zaino anymore. Zaino does not cut productive distributors. :)

[Modified by hcvone, 7:08 AM 2/23/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK?

Quick Reply: What Happened to BILL WAMMOCK?