Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best Car Wax Product

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best Car Wax Product

The idea is to have a definitive list/poll of Car Care products that can be brought up now and then for newbies, or people that want information on the products we like/use. After a few categories, we will see if the results bear out the effort.

This category will strictly be for Car Waxes only.
Please do not include products like Zaino as we already have a poll for them.

The results will not be scientific, but hopefully, if everyone answers honestly, without voting to promote a product they sell themselves, we can pool our collective knowledge and experience to help others make an informed choice.

The results will be archived, so anytime a new person inquires what product most of us like/use, it will be readily available. If there is a product you use that is not listed in the poll that you like, please feel free to add it. Any comments are welcome within the body of the thread.

:cheers:

[b]EDIT: Gentlemen, I've had to modify the choices to this thread twice now. Please do what the man asks, or simply close the thread. Pretty easy if you ask me.

[Modified by 96LT4, 11:52 PM 12/12/2003]
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM
MilYellow02
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (Z Factor)

Pinnacle will win this hands down :D

By the way, you posted this in OT which was a bad move on your part :lol: :smash: :jester

[Modified by MilYellow02, 2:59 PM 12/12/2003]
Old 12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
iceburgh
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'10

Well Meguiars has been in buisness for over 100 years for reason :D
Old 12-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (MilYellow02)

you posted this in OT which was a bad move on your part
You're doomed. :yesnod:
Old 12-12-2003, 08:10 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (03Ragtop)

Souveran, unequivocally. :thumbs:
Old 12-12-2003, 10:57 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Meguiar's #26 yellow.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (TLGunman)

I don't know how much more clearly I can ask people to please not include Zaino in this poll. If you use Zaino, and love it, great, but it is a synthetic polish, not a wax. There is a poll that you can vote for it with the link below, but please do not list it here again.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=702933

The only reason the category is left open is because I couldn't list every single wax, and wanted others to be able to list the wax they use.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :cheers:
Old 12-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Pinnacle Soveran ... but the whole line is also great stuff !
Old 12-13-2003, 04:27 AM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (Killrwheels)

:iagree:

I am with you!!
Old 12-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Vettegator
Melting Slicks

I added Formula 113.

I was / am a die hard Mothers fan. However, last summer I purchased formula 113 at a local car show. I have seen this product being sold at car shows in ny for a while now. Anyway, this stuff is great. Best of all, you can apply it in direct sunlight and it also doesnt attract dust...which drives me nuts when that happens. Check out **********.com if you want to read more...........and no....Im not affiliated with them in any way....just a happy customer.

One of these days, I will give the big Z a chance.

EDIT: The web page is F o r m u l a 1 1 3.com (all one word)

[Modified by LexRoc, 3:12 PM 12/16/2003]
Old 12-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I've been using Armor All Paste wax for about 4 years now. Goes on easy, comes off easy, great shine and lasts for a decent period of time. Hard to find though. Not even sure if they make it anymore. I got lucky and found about five cans of it and bought them up.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (JDs00PewterCoupe)

I've been using Armor All Paste wax for about 4 years now. Goes on easy, comes off easy, great shine and lasts for a decent period of time. Hard to find though. Not even sure if they make it anymore. I got lucky and found about five cans of it and bought them up.

The things you learn reading the forum. I never knew that Armor All made a wax, much less that someone would like it to the point of using it even if it is discontinued. Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost?
Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 AM
all4fun
Instructor

Pinnacle all the way!! :reddevil :hurray: :hurray:
Old 12-16-2003, 02:35 PM
British
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know how much more clearly I can ask people to please not include Zaino in this poll. If you use Zaino, and love it, great, but it is a synthetic polish, not a wax. There is a poll that you can vote for it with the link below, but please do not list it here again.
Maybe you should include an option for "Non-Wax Alternative (Zaino, etc.)" or "None of the above" or something like that, then.

I'm not sure what the point of splitting this into two separate Wax/Non-Wax polls is - I hope there is a better reason than "Because I said so". I really think it would be more meaningful to the reader to see how these products compare against each other in the same poll since they serve the same basic purpose. A lot of people don't know/don't care if Product X is synthetic or not, they just want to know they are putting the best stuff they can get on their car.

Old 12-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (British)

Maybe you should include an option for "Non-Wax Alternative (Zaino, etc.)" or "None of the above" or something like that, then.

I'm not sure what the point of splitting this into two separate Wax/Non-Wax polls is - I hope there is a better reason than "Because I said so". I really think it would be more meaningful to the reader to see how these products compare against each other in the same poll since they serve the same basic purpose. A lot of people don't know/don't care if Product X is synthetic or not, they just want to know they are putting the best stuff they can get on their car.
My reason is simple, and has nothing to do with me having an attitude of "Because I said so". It has to do with the fanaticism of Zaino users as was partly evidenced here in this poll. All the other polls were followed as requested, and even linked to the netherworld of OT :lol: without incident. This one however, had to have mod intervention twice, and I see it will need another little bit as well.

The hope is that people who believe in wax, as opposed to a polish could get honest feedback from fellow wax users instead of being inundated with Zaino cult like posts. I like the stuff, and even recommend it, but it is not the only product out there, and it's price makes some people look for alternatives (although some Zymol is so expensive you need a loan to buy it :crazy: )
Furthermore, some Zaino users have preferences in wax they once used, yet would not recommend it due to their new found love ;) They might also use both depending on the look desired or color of car they have.

Wax provides for a different finish/look than synthetic polymers. While Zaino type products create a mirror like shine, it lacks what some people refer to as richness or depth. I've even heard Zaino described as looking like the car was wrapped in Saran wrap. Some people love that look, others do not. By segregating the polls, it allows for both peoples preferences to be discussed without comparing or arguing about the two types of products.

Had this poll included polishes, it would make for less clarity, but I understand what you are getting at. Maybe in the near future when all the other polls are completed, including the synthetic polish poll, I can make an overall preference poll for both waxes and synthetic polishes. I suspect it will be overwhelmingly for Zaino, but we will wait and see.

:cheers:

[Modified by Z Factor, 6:16 PM 12/16/2003]
Old 12-18-2003, 10:02 PM
beachcat
Safety Car

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (all4fun)

Pinnacle all the way!! :reddevil :hurray: :hurray:
Yup. :yesnod:
Old 12-20-2003, 01:35 PM
MHLY01
Burning Brakes

They are al good with minimal differences. It depends on personal peference and taste. I have carnauba waxes, Pinnacle Souveran and Cycle Wax (Deep, darkens), P21S/S100 (wet Looking, reflective), Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax (real wet liquid), Blitz (Deep hard Shine), Natty wax (Clear, reflective) gonna try McCalls soon. Synthetic Zaino (reflective clear) UPP(Wet, deep) Klasse (reflective) They are all fun to mix together, but prep is most important.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Car Wax Product

Old 01-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (MHLY01)

Thank you 96LT4 :cheers:
Old 01-21-2004, 10:56 AM
C5 4 ME
Safety Car

Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (DsC5)

Souveran, unequivocally. :thumbs:
:iagree:
Old 01-22-2004, 04:48 PM
VETTEHEAD68
Advanced

Default Re: Best Car Wax Product (MilYellow02)

Souvern will kick butt :spam

Quick Reply: Best Car Wax Product