Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

This Zaino stuff isn't bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 07:12 PM
NotSlo
Team Owner

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default This Zaino stuff isn't bad!

Put 4 coats on her Monday. Whattya think?

Old 09-02-2003, 08:45 PM
IndyDog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (NotSlo)

:D :D :D Very Nice

Just ordered mine today, can't wait to try it out!!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Gray Ghost
Safety Car

I guess we have another convert - Zaino is great :yesnod:
Old 09-03-2003, 07:55 AM
bwagner
Racer

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (Gray Ghost)

I use the Z-6 spray-on that my brother had, and WOW, it made my car look like it was still wet. I have the admiral blue and what a difference. I'm sold to...
Old 09-03-2003, 08:03 AM
Silver2002
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (bwagner)

Looks good :)
Old 09-03-2003, 09:59 PM
oldace84
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

:iagree:
tony
Old 09-04-2003, 12:38 AM
95ZR1#418
Drifting

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (Silver2002)

:eek: :eek:
:chevy
Old 09-17-2003, 01:38 PM
fidelfs
Intermediate

It looks great and the glaze is wonderful but for me I would top it with carnouba wax to remove the plasticity look.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :party: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[Modified by fidelfs, 12:38 PM 9/17/2003]
Old 09-18-2003, 05:47 PM
NotSlo
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (fidelfs)

It looks great and the glaze is wonderful but for me I would top it with carnouba wax to remove the plasticity look.

:confused:
Old 09-18-2003, 07:42 PM
fidelfs
Intermediate

:confused:
Please don't misundertand my post. Your car has a unique shine and I bet you put a lot of effort into it. What I mean is I discovered that Zaino gives an excelent reflective shine. The problem (if you can call it like that. ) is not a deep shine. It looks like plastic shine. Carnauba (regular wax) has limitations in durability but the shine is deep and gives a darker color.
After I finish with Zaino layers I apply another layer with wax (carnouba wax). It keeps the Zaino shine but it gives a deep, wet look.

Go to this website http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...099#post260099 where I posted before/after pictures of my vette and you will see how the plastic look disappear or go to Zaino web site and look the red cars. You will see the shine looks plastic.

Again nice looking car. One of the best shine I have seen so far.

Congrats. :cheers:

[Modified by fidelfs, 6:44 PM 9/18/2003]
Old 09-18-2003, 11:29 PM
NotSlo
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

This is the first time I have heard of anyone putting wax on Zaino.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:14 AM
sts57c5
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:thumbs:
Old 09-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Mystic '95
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (sts57c5)

Hey Doug, I told ya! I just bought another $67.00 worth of Zaino today.. I was getting a bit low, I only had 2 cases left! :crazy: :lol:

I'm convinced now that Z5/ZFX is all you need to get the black to shine at its best.. No more Z2.

:cheers:
Old 09-19-2003, 07:50 AM
NotSlo
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (Mystic '95)

I love those Z06 chromies Vin!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Mystic '95
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran

:bb I don't like 'em anymore, I had a ricer come up to me tonight and told me he liked 'em too.. This is a bad sign.. :lol:
Old 09-20-2003, 06:59 AM
NotSlo
Team Owner

Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (Mystic '95)

:bb I don't like 'em anymore, I had a ricer come up to me tonight and told me he liked 'em too.. This is a bad sign.. :lol:
first time in your life you've been a POSITIVE influence! :lolg:
Old 09-20-2003, 07:13 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default This Zaino stuff isn't bad!

I re-did my friend Bill's C5 today(I did the whole clay/z5/zfx thing to it in May). it looked very deep and glossy when I was done.Three coats of ZFX/Z5 with Z6 between coats.

It's very good stuff.

My car has countless coats on it.

Get notified of new replies

To This Zaino stuff isn't bad!

Old 09-25-2003, 07:08 AM
TheDarkKnight
Burning Brakes

I am tentatively calling :bs on the pictures of the wax topper on autopia. When you look at them, sure the car looks different. But so does the grass and the driveway. The whole *picture* has a different tone to it. The grass is deeper and darker, for example. Did you wax the grass too? :jester

The white/grey avalanche in the background also looks richer and deeper in the second shot. As does the green truck. And the red yard sign is less washed out in the second shot. So do the wheels, the tires, and heck even the shadow of the vette is darker! Amazing stuff! :D

The final two pictures are particularly telling. Look at the brick wall in the background, look at the exhaust tips, and the darkness change in the background, the reverse lights, and the tinting of the windows on the Z06. The driveway concrete went from concrete gray to an almost fleshy tone.

Honestly, it looks like a filter was applied and/or the light levels of the pictures were altered. Maybe it does shine better, but the photos you posted do not make the case.

Oh, and before anyone makes the unfounded assertion: I do not distribute Zaino, and my trial order is not yet here, so no preference for Zaino (yet) over anything else here. I've just got a bit of background in photography analysis, and these pictures have ...issues.

They should have a smilet in a flame-suit for posts like this. :leaving:
Old 09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
fidelfs
Intermediate

Default Re: This Zaino stuff isn't bad! (TheDarkKnight)

Hey darknight.

Why I have to make those pictures I am not a distributor of care products.

I used them because I try to make my cars look better. The shadow difference is the time that took me to apply the wax after Z. The sun changed their position and create shadows. I did not have 100% the same position where I shot the pictures.

You can think I altered the pictures (What is the reason for that?) what you want, I have my vette I don't have the ugly plastic look that Z gives in red cars.

If you have a background in pictures you want to have the originals I can email them to you and you can analize them if you want.

I still using Z because durability and protection. I top with carnouba becuase I like the look.

You can say they have issues because the vette pictures were taken close at noon in texas sun.

If you want tell me what speed, or setting you want me to take new pictures after this weekend so you will see the change.

My concern is why you are saying I used a filter. I don't have to lie. What is the reason. I don't get it.
I don't sell products like others that are posting in this forum. I just use them.

Well at least I am well informed what works and don't work.
:confused: :confused:

Ok! you don't want to believe go to Zaino web site and look the shine of dark colors. Look the black one and the red one under the trees. (row number 3). Take a look to the red vette. They look plastic. Zaino did not alter those pictures. did he?

Look how beutiful the silver one looks. first row. In my opinion Z has a tendency to have plastic look in dark colors.

[Modified by fidelfs, 9:47 PM 9/25/2003]
Old 09-27-2003, 03:47 AM
TheDarkKnight
Burning Brakes

"Why I have to make those pictures I am not a distributor of care products."

I don't know, people have many reasons for many things. Rememebr the use of "tentatively".

However, the facts I pointed out are just that: facts.

The whole color tone of the pictures measurably changed, and the position of the sun will not change that. After all man, the grass was greener, the whites were darker (look at the reverse lights, the color of the concrete completely changed. Changes in sunlight level/angle will not do that. Also, the color level of the bricks, as well as the signs in the background also saw a similar improvement.

In fact, the change of time needed to apply more products is why i did not mention the lower reflectivity apparent between the two pictures. When you ee the reflectionsin the car, there are more in the first shots. However, light changes over an hour or so could do that, but more importantly angle can.

However those will not make the differences I did raise. Also, the white Chevy in the street also seems to have benefitted from the stuff, as it shows a similar change in appearance.

Like I said, there *may* be an improvement, but those pictures do not show it due to the changes in the rest of the scene.

In fact, I'll do you one beter than looking at pictures. My *first* shipment of Zaino arrived an hour or so ago (see, I don't sell anything in these fields eitehr, so to use your words "Why would I lie?"). So maybe I'll try what you say., My car is black, as dark as you can get, right?

As far as orginals, emailing them woudl be pointless. If you are talkign scanne din pictures, ony the original non-digital pictures could be analyzed. Further, if you are using ans SLR as you suggest, the filter can be placed on the camera itsself, indeed most filtering done in SLR professional photography is done as a lens filter, not scanned and digitally enhanced. If they were done with a digital camera, I have no way of knowing the images you send were indeed the originals.

As far as the shadow changes, I'm talkign abut the intensity of the shadow, not their direction. As I recall the change in direction indicates that as the sun went down, your garage should be lighter, not darker.

You like the look better, I have no quarrel with that. I am merely stating facts about the pictures posted that are at best highly suspicious since everything in the images show the improvelent, grass, signs, bricks, other cars, concrete (indeed I was quite ipresse dutil the massive concrete color change -- that's what made me look closer). Hell, if I like it better, I'll do it! But those pictures are too different at fundamental levels to stand as acceptable evidence.

Quick Reply: This Zaino stuff isn't bad!