Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:17 PM
adios-1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King.

Very skeptical going into the high end wax given all the Wax hype. Well, things have changed. I used Pinnacle for the first time on my spiral grey vette and all I can say is I am extremely impressed. Much different than with Meguire's gold class. If you have a spiral grey or any other dark color you should try Pinnacle.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:25 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 266 Likes on 130 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (adios-1)

You should try zaino. Even better IMHO! I get compliments all the time on my SG/w red interior!

[Modified by DNAST1, 9:25 PM 6/21/2003]
Old 06-21-2003, 05:52 PM
yankees1
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 03 Ann Ed vette I used Z for 7-8 coats! I then switched to Pinnacle Souveran and liked the deep rich look even better! On dark colors you can't beat Souveran!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:57 PM
geck
Melting Slicks

Very skeptical going into the high end wax given all the Wax hype. Well, things have changed. I used Pinnacle for the first time on my spiral grey vette and all I can say is I am extremely impressed. Much different than with Meguire's gold class. If you have a spiral grey or any other dark color you should try Pinnacle.
How expensive is it and where can you buy it?
Old 06-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Dr. Dan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (yankees1)

I, too have at LEAST 7-8 coats of Z and took a look at my black vert which has been in the garage untouched for a couple of weeks (it's been raining :sad: ) The finish looks slightly cloudy/hazy.

Does anyone else with dark colors have the sane problem? Does the Pinnacle solve the situation

BTW a new coat of Z7 cleared it up.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:52 PM
TrplBlk01
Safety Car

I use Zanio but there are some other good products out there.

[Modified by Blue2K, 5:53 PM 6/21/2003]
Old 06-21-2003, 07:05 PM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 321 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I came close to trying Pinnacle but the $60 price was an eye opener and on their website they admit it does not last very long at all.

It does give a spectacular shine and they recommend it for dark colored vehicles for the best effect BUT I don't think it looks any better than a good Zaino job and while it certainly gives a comparable "wet look" similar to Zaino, the price and the fact it does not last keeps me as a Zaino addict.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:10 PM
MilYellow02
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

I have used Zaino, Meguiar's Zymol, Pinnacle, P21S. Mother's blah blah blah and the last few years I went back to Meguiar's #7/Gold Class and my car was outshined and out-depthed by noone (I have references right here in the forum :) When I purchased my German vehicle, I had to go to a non-polymer based wax/polish (long story. If you want to know the scoop, email me) so I went back to Pinnacle because they have changed the formula slightly and I liked it years ago and went back to them. When you concours your paint it looks like a mirror. NO it does not last as long as Zaino but I promise it has depth, clarity, and shine like no other.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:19 PM
MilYellow02
Team Owner

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (MilYellow02)

Forgot to add, for light colored cars use Paste Glaz and like mentioned above, for dark cars use Souveran :yesnod:

As a matter of fact, if you try Pinnacle Souveran or Paste Glaze in the paste formula and don't like it, I will buy you something for your C5. How is that you Zaino freaks :smash: :smash:

[Modified by MilYellow02, 6:32 PM 6/21/2003]
Old 06-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

yes , I have been singing the Pinnacle Soveran praises for more than a year, and finally some are listening. I used Zaino also in the past, but less time and better results in my humble opinion make Pinnacle the better choice. try and look for the sets, as it is a better purchase.

YOU DONT NEED TO WASTE TIME BUILDING LEVELS EITHER, 1ST COAT IS PERFECT, AND CRYSTAL MIST HELPS WITH THE LONGEVITY http://www.pinnaclewax.com or http://www.autogeek.net

[Modified by Killrwheels, 8:55 PM 6/21/2003]
Old 06-21-2003, 09:04 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to add, for light colored cars use Paste Glaz and like mentioned above, for dark cars use Souveran :yesnod:

As a matter of fact, if you try Pinnacle Souveran or Paste Glaze in the paste formula and don't like it, I will buy you something for your C5. How is that you Zaino freaks :smash: :smash:

MilYellow02,

I won't hold you to your offer but I've been thinking bout Pnnacle and would try it before ZAINO. I could get it here localy but I don't why people are saying it cost $60. I saw a paste for $19 and Souveran for $24 (I think) unless there is soemthing else you have to buy.

The thing is, am I going to be getting involved with all these steps like ZAINO, or will just one product do what you are claiming? Also, I have TORCH RED. which Pinnacle line would I use?

It would be nice to know that if i don't think its any better than the Mother Carnuba I've been using, that I would be able to return it. I don't know if this local store will honor that.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:08 PM
geck
Melting Slicks

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (2k2C5)

I came close to trying Pinnacle but the $60 price was an eye opener and on their website they admit it does not last very long at all.

It does give a spectacular shine and they recommend it for dark colored vehicles for the best effect BUT I don't think it looks any better than a good Zaino job and while it certainly gives a comparable "wet look" similar to Zaino, the price and the fact it does not last keeps me as a Zaino addict.
When you add up all of the various different Zaino products(steps) you have to purchase doesn't it get close to the $60 Pinnacle price.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (MarkFLC5)

I won't hold you to your offer but I've been thinking bout Pnnacle and would try it before ZAINO. I could get it here localy but I don't why people are saying it cost $60. I saw a paste for $19 and Souveran for $24 (I think) unless there is soemthing else you have to buy.

The thing is, am I going to be getting involved with all these steps like ZAINO, or will just one product do what you are claiming? Also, I have TORCH RED. which Pinnacle line would I use?

It would be nice to know that if i don't think its any better than the Mother Carnuba I've been using, that I would be able to return it. I don't know if this local store will honor that.
Mark,

You can get Pinnacle locally at Drivers Seat in Boca. The Paste Glaz is about 45.00 and liquid Soveran (newer version) is about 19.99. The Soveran Paste runs 60-70. You should clean the car, clay the car, and then use Pinnacle's Precleaner, then wax. Similar to Zaino, except no need to use ZFX and to add layers. You can get the kit with everything (including rags minus the clay) for around 99.99. Soveran works best on Reds, Blacks but I find it works just perfect on silver also.

**Seperate Note**

Is that you on Banks Rd each morning around 8am heading north ?? Im usually heading south around the school zone.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:34 PM
aurik
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Elite Member

That stuff absolutely ROCKS. I use a combination of that and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran on my vette and nothing but.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:44 PM
MilYellow02
Team Owner

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (MarkFLC5)

MilYellow02,

For your torch red get the paint cleanser, souveran paste wax, crystal mist, microfiber applicator, shampoo and microfiber towels. If you go to their website http://www.pinnaclewax.com do a group buy on the SOUVERAN because it includes about everything but the clay bar and leather treatment. Do not get the leather or the clay from Pinnacle. If you want detailed instructions on how to use this product, email me hello69rs@aol.com but if you follow the instructions to a "T" you will be amazed :cheers:
Old 06-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (aurik)

this kit would provide at least a years worth of product, should you polish on 6-8 week schedule. That less than 15.00 per detail !
http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pincomdetwax.html
Old 06-21-2003, 10:59 PM
adios-1
Racer

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (2k2C5)

As with most things, you get what you pay for. I had never even thought of buying $100+ worth of wax products....not even for my S430. However, having witnessed first hand what Pinnacle souveran did with the spiral grey, I am a believer. I was truly amazed. More importantly, my wife (who doesn't particularly pay attention to things such as this) immediately noticed the difference. I have friends who use zaino (yellow) and swear by it. The wet look of the Pinnacle far exceeds the look of the zaino, at least comparing the spiral grey to the yellow (which may not be a fair comparison because of the difference in the paint itself). Needless to say, I'm hooked. This web site should be helpful to you if you wish to learn about wax, etc and is where I purchased mine. Get the Souveran Kit (dark colors) or the Paste Glaze Kit (light colors) because cheaper than buying each item. This company is great to do business with....ordered on wednesday and recieved on friday. :cheers:
http://www.properautocare.com

[Modified by adios-1, 4:02 AM 6/22/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King.

Old 06-21-2003, 11:38 PM
VETTENV
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

I'm pretty satisfied with the 3M line of products, however I might try the Souveran wax over the 3M glaze and see how it looks. :D
Old 06-22-2003, 12:11 AM
C5 4 ME
Safety Car

Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks, Milyellow02. You convinced me to try the Pinnacle products. I just ordered the Pinnacle Sizzling Shine Kit for my 98 Torch Red. :thumbs:
Old 06-22-2003, 07:37 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King. (Killrwheels)

Mark,

You can get Pinnacle locally at Drivers Seat in Boca.

Yes, that is where I have seen it and I've seen the 19.99 product.

The Paste Glaz is about 45.00 and liquid Soveran (newer version) is about 19.99. The Soveran Paste runs 60-70. You should clean the car, clay the car, and then use Pinnacle's Precleaner, then wax. Similar to Zaino, except no need to use ZFX and to add layers. You can get the kit with everything (including rags minus the clay) for around 99.99. Soveran works best on Reds, Blacks but I find it works just perfect on silver also.

I've never Clayed a car before so I would be concerned about doing some damage.

**Seperate Note**

Is that you on Banks Rd each morning around 8am heading north ?? Im usually heading south around the school zone.

Nope, I'm nowhere near Banks RD although I did live in Margate 7 years ago. I live in CCK, 1 block south of Boca off LYONS and I work in Boca.

[Modified by MarkFLC5, 7:38 AM 6/22/2003]

Quick Reply: What a difference! Pinnacle Souveran is King.