Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Mulan Leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 05:54 PM
dbros9
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mulan Leather

I just purchased a 2016 Stingray with light grey Mulan seats and only 10k miles. (the seats look brand new). I have searched the forum for answers but cant find what i am looking for. I know I need to clean it with warm soap and water. After cleaning is there a product I should apply to the Mulan to protect it?
Thanks...
Old 07-11-2023, 05:30 AM
Gixxerman

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,135 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I use a boars hair brush + Angel Wax Heaven for Leather for cleaning, but truthfully not much will penetrate the coating from the factory.. it's more about just cleaning dirt and UV protection. No conditioner going to affect them. For general wiping down I use damp microfiber towel as well...

Last edited by Gixxerman; 07-12-2023 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:55 PM
Esoteric Detail
Supporting Vendor

Received 462 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by dbros9
I just purchased a 2016 Stingray with light grey Mulan seats and only 10k miles. (the seats look brand new). I have searched the forum for answers but cant find what i am looking for. I know I need to clean it with warm soap and water. After cleaning is there a product I should apply to the Mulan to protect it?
Thanks...
As noted above, the need to 'condition' modern leathers has taken a back seat to keeping merely them clean. Much like paint on the exterior of your car, coating interior surfaces can protect them & make them easier to clean when necessary, something that is especially beneficial on light colored interiors. Check out our video on the Gyeon Leather Shield Kit:

​​​​​​How to PROTECT white interiors from staining! | GYEON LeatherShield Review

​​​​​​

Hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out at any time with any product or detailing-related questions! You can reach our Product Support line at 614.855.2573 or via e-mail at sales@esotericcarcare.com

HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@esotericdetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube

Get notified of new replies

To Mulan Leather

Quick Reply: Mulan Leather